Quarter panels -69 GTS stripe delete

-

Eddie348

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good evening. Is there a difference from hardtop to convertible quarters?

Stripe delete car.

Thank you

Yes, the hardtop quarter panels have the c-pillar attached, the convertibles do not. You can use a hardtop quarter on a convertible, just have to cut the c-pillar section off...

Yes. At the point where the quarter meets the roof it is VERY different

If you are just skinning or joining at the peak of the fender then they are the same.

HemiSSdart just beat me!

Thank you guys. How about the holes on top of the quarter where the metal strip goes on? Do they have to be be made or does the QP com with them

Where the chrome with the dust cover snaps mounts to a lip that is formed all the was around. From rear of the quarter window on one side to the other.

This thread has a LOT of usefull photos(section 7 and 8)
68 Dart GT convertible

I'll get a photo in a minute
Don't want HemiSSDart to beat me again.!

:rolleyes:

The backside of one of the clips that holds the trim on around the opening. Top center
20191201_105633.jpg

Another clip on the trunk valance area. Top center.
20191201_130717.jpg

20191201_105633.jpg

20191201_130717.jpg

Last edited:
You need to try to save as much of the original metal as possible, especially on a convertible!

Dana67 thank you for the link - very informative.

Where the chrome with the dust cover snaps mounts to a lip that is formed all the was around. From rear of the quarter window on one side to the other.

This thread has a LOT of usefull photos(section 7 and 8)
68 Dart GT convertible

I'll get a photo in a minute
Don't want HemiSSDart to beat me again.!

:rolleyes:

The backside of one of the clips that holds the trim on around the opening. Top centerView attachment 1715914745

Another clip on the trunk valance area. Top center.View attachment 1715914746

View attachment 1715914743

View attachment 1715914744

I picked up and delivered the car for him, so I beat you there too! I don't always have to, you are spot on most of the time...LOL..

-
Back