Quarter window assembly

-

Derrick Kidwell

Reaction score
I have 69 barracuda the rear windows have been removed along with all the track mechanism what is correct assembly order to reinstall so i don't have to redo it 3 or 4 times? It was removed when i bought it

I went through that about two months ago on my 68 Barracuda, fastback.
The passenger side quarter window did not roll up right, would stick,,,found a roller or two missing. I followed the FSM instructions, other than being very tight quarters was not too bad.
If no one posts back, by tomorrow pm I will get the FSM out and post instructions.
While waiting, if you have not done it yet.
Separate out the l and r side parts and go over the rollers and tracks and get them all clean and free and lubed. I also super cleaned the windows, used a razor blade to scrape the grime off the window section that stays in the body.
This is also the time to get into the body window cavity, vacuum it out, touch up internal areas.

Images from my 1968 FSM are below

4CDBA168-CE2F-41E5-9A5A-1F9C0A2E0BE9.jpeg

5E6EB3AD-2F12-4CFA-A362-70519BEAFED1.jpeg

I remember the assembly to be in this order
1) if you have nice paint, protect the area around the window frame, I used masking tape.
2) referencing fig 183, the piece shown on top goes in first, it has a roller that goes into a track mounted inside the body frame.
3) fig 183 again, the second large die cast piece goes in next, it picks up a roller from the first piece installed. This piece is held in place by a couple of special bolts that pass through the door frame.
4) the window crank goes in next, a roller goes to each part previously installed.
5) the long track goes in next,
It also picks up rollers.
6) then the window stops get installed

Again, reciting this from memorie, good luck,
I still have the interior out of my 68 so I could get photos to show the finished assembly.
Be careful with the 50 year old plastic rollers, I found the ones that my car was missing from someone parting out a car.

-
Back