Question For Canadians. Any of you ever use this product?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any of you Canadians up there in the great white North ever use this spray lubricant, penetrate?
Something called Jig-A-Loo lubricant-penetrate.
I recently sold some of my suspension, and brake parts to a Canadian, and he was mentioning this product as the thing to use.
Expensive as hell, and supposedly discontinued in the USA, as it's a product that most likely works, but the EPA probably finds some fault with it, for some reason or another. Dunno.
Me, i never heard of it before, and wonder if i should give it a try?
It's made in Canada, so i thought i might ask, here on this forum.

Jig- A - Loo Spray.jpg

Dam, I never seen it or heard of it, I don’t think as my memory ain’t what it used to be. I’ll have to try find some and give it a try. I use the Deep Creep made by sea foam. Kim

Jig-A-Loo - Wikipedia

Guess it's even hard to find in Canada.
I GOOGLED this product, and found out that California OSHA, banned this product for sale in the state.
But Wikipedia doesn't say anything about using it, importing it, into the state.
Probably something our big shots in government, in this state, figure something isn't good for us, living here.

I've used it before...cant say it stands out to me as being anything special??
Typical "mechanic in a can" stuff...no matter what I use I break s**t anyway lol.
Aerosols seem to have dropped in price for some stuff, but others going up.
I bought a case of MP Hemi Orange paint (dodge dealership)as I read on here it's near extinct. $15/can. Same supplier I bought the red MP paint...$10/can.
Spin the wheel with pricing...I'd be willing to ship, but now you have to sign off "no dangerous goods" at post office.
Rambling here but I didnt think the Jig is anything special.

Pretty sure I have seen it at Home Depot in Calgary. Never used it though.
Don't know how it's marketed, advertised, sold, up there in Canada, but i was interested in this stuff, as i was recently looking at chemicals, sprays, penetrates, products, that are used in the aviation industry, that you would never hear of, or buy, at the auto parts stores, or Home Depot, Lowes.

Princess auto carries it if i recall.
There was a product years ago, magic wrench. That was the best stuff i ever used. Was unbolting box sides on an old gmc, and tried various sprays. The magic wrench worked the best.

Princess auto carries it if i recall.
There was a product years ago, magic wrench. That was the best stuff i ever used. Was unbolting box sides on an old gmc, and tried various sprays. The magic wrench worked the best.
I have heard of Magic Wrench super penetrate.
It's still available.
I have a can on order from a Wall Mart vendor.
Haven't got it yet, to try it out.

Majic wrench penetrent.jpeg

Do you have to be Canadian to use it??? :canada:

Why can't Americans use it???? :usflag:

That's discrimination.... :mob: :soapbox:

I have some, in my basement, bought from Canadian Tire. I thought I'd try it as a replacement for WD 40. Nothing special, to me. What does he use it for? There is another interesting product called Fluid Film. It's made from lanolin.

I have some, in my basement, bought from Canadian Tire. I thought I'd try it as a replacement for WD 40. Nothing special, to me. What does he use it for? There is another interesting product called Fluid Film. It's made from lanolin.
Expensive. I use it often.

It's all over Ebay. I tell you though, I've had good success with Deep Creep. That Fluid Film is really not a penetrating lubricant. It's more along the lines of a coating as for freshly machined engine parts ant the like. It is great for that.

It's all over Ebay. I tell you though, I've had good success with Deep Creep. That Fluid Film is really not a penetrating lubricant. It's more along the lines of a coating as for freshly machined engine parts ant the like. It is great for that.
Yup, I agree with Rusty. Kim

-
Back