Question

-

Josh owen

Bang em till it breaks
Reaction score
Hey guys so I have a 73 dart sport i converted to 71 duster and it was a slant 6 stick car, so it has 73 pedals and such, my question is now it will have a small block and a 1969 a833 4 speed, I know I need a different z bar but I'm curious which of these kits I'll need or if they are the same.

Get a look at that $9,999.00 shipping cost on that 72-74 kit lol

Screenshot_20210719-140318_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210719-140257_eBay.jpg

I'm guessing you'll need the one that matches your bellhousing- the pivot plates changed over the years. If the bell is a '69, I'd get the '69 kit. Call Brewer's for a definitive answer and the right parts, with much less than $9,999.99 shipping!

I have the pivot plate on the 69 bell I just wasnt sure about the remainder of the parts and this site has overwhelming knowledge that i.dont have but greatly appreciate so.i had to ask

The slanty pedal ratio is different from a V8. If you use a diaphragm clutch you "might" be ok, IDK.
But if going with a 3-finger clutch, the leg-effort will be high, the travel long, and the departure may not be adequate.

The slanty pedal ratio is different from a V8. If you use a diaphragm clutch you "might" be ok, IDK.
But if going with a 3-finger clutch, the leg-effort will be high, the travel long, and the departure may not be adequate.
It is not a 3 finger clutch it's a McLeod street strip clutch I had no idea the pedals were different /6 to v8.

Unless you know what to look for, you can't hardly see the difference until the pedals are on the workbench side by side.
I had no idea the pedals were different /6 to v8.
I suspected that which is why I mentioned it.
Yours can be converted with a lil cutting, splicing, and welding.

Unless you know what to look for, you can't see the difference until the pedals are on the workbench side by side.

that's why I mentioned it.
When I say i learn something new everytime i come on this site, I mean it well hopefully it works it Is like I say 73 body with 69 drive train and 70 fenders snd tail light panel so I guess I'll make it work if need be

That's the spirit!
My car started life as a 68 Barracuda/225/904/7.25
It now has a 71 360, a 65 Commando A833, with a GVod, and a narrowed 69 banjo with a later 742 pumpkin and unknown year 3.55s. The SG is from a 66Coronet.
I made it work.

-
Back