Questions about torq storm

-

billyboyd

Reaction score
Looking at a charger for the duster. I have been putting some thought into it, car runs 13s around 500 horse. I'm looking at one of these chargers and I'm wondering if they can be reliable at say around 800hp. Here's what I got now. 440, .30 over, ly rods, large cam (unknown,maybe around .528?) Adjustable rockers, 915 heads, m1 intake, 727 3200 stall. I would only like to run 10s,it's a street car and alot of fun, just looking to make it even more fun. Also carbs? What do you guys run for something like this? I'm new to the world of forced induction gas, just not new to diesel applications. What else would I have to change in my current setup to bolt one of these on? Boost reference, Blow through. Once the tax return hits the mailbox I will be ordering. Thanks guys.

never heard of those superchargers so i have nothing for that. carbs, gonna wanna run whatever cfm the motor and rpm range call for as is without boost. cfm doesnt change because of boost. from there you wanna boost reference it. http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html thats the basics. its pretty easy. gonna need a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator and an electric pump that will put out the flow you will need to support 800hp.

Looking at a charger for the duster. I have been putting some thought into it, car runs 13s around 500 horse. I'm looking at one of these chargers and I'm wondering if they can be reliable at say around 800hp. Here's what I got now. 440, .30 over, ly rods, large cam (unknown,maybe around .528?) Adjustable rockers, 915 heads, m1 intake, 727 3200 stall. I would only like to run 10s,it's a street car and alot of fun, just looking to make it even more fun. Also carbs? What do you guys run for something like this? I'm new to the world of forced induction gas, just not new to diesel applications. What else would I have to change in my current setup to bolt one of these on? Boost reference, Blow through. Once the tax return hits the mailbox I will be ordering. Thanks guys.

If you are really making 500HP, you should be running low 11s. 800HP should easily put you in the low 9s.

Car doesn't hook right now. We had it on a dyno in plover not long ago. Read 490hp and 435 torque. So after we changed intake, carb, and upped the compression with the heads I only assumed 500. Sorry for the confusion. Car is running mickey et in rear and skinnies up front. No pinion snubber and the front suspension is a little out of whack. Right side control arm is modified. Hard to explain but can update pics of it. Also didn't mean to offend by claiming the 500 hp thing.

I like the tork storm unit on a couple levels. You can order it for either side, When you call, you get a person. Not just any person but THE guy. Plus, he isn't far away (In Mich) They have good reviews and do not take up a ton of real estate under the hood.
Frank, Minn

I believe they bought power dyne when they went out of business. They say they are good for 600hp. Billet parts. I'm gonna order one and do a write up soon.

you ought to put some heads on it !!

What heads do you suggest? Been looking at 440 source or indy. Not sure exactly what I need to begin the build but I'm willing to learn lol. I was also told the 915 is a decent head for boost applications. But it may be too high of compression. What are the differences between the 452, 906, and 915 in compression?

Hoping you've already got oil system mods. Peace of mind in billet main caps with studs and a girdle. Some will say no need of girdle but there has been evidence of main cap walk in the HP range you are looking at. Indy or B-1 heads would kick butt however valve train is proprietary.

a good set of heads, a cam and good stall convertor should get you where you want to be ( if the traction is there )

I forgot to mention another important piece for longevity at 700 plus range. Good pushrods! Manton are not overkill! It is piece of mind for a larger investment.....

11.jpg

I forgot to mention another important piece for longevity at 700 plus range. Good pushrods! Manton are not overkill! It is piece of mind for a larger investment.....

11.jpg
Those push rods drop right in? Lol. This is my second build. The first one was a 73 challenger I helped my dad on. I'm 26, married, and no kids. Got the time and space finally to get the car going. All the parts I have were once my grand father's. He is the mopar guru. But he's sick and can no longer remember anything other than hemi torque specs lol. He's awesome. This started as a junkyard build and has now worked its way up as money permits. I really appreciate the help. Now I've contacted some of the guys at torq storm. They claim to be able to push 700 out of the box with a mild built motor. I've got an LS friend who is building a turbo setup and he is really trying to talk me into it. Especially now since I found my hooker headers to be cracked at every pipe at the flange. I'm talking fubar. I guess a nice turbo build wouldn't be bad. Just never built a forced induction gas engine. Plenty of cummins. I guess I'm going to do a little research on some turbo builds and I hope you guys are still willing to answer questions lol. Thanks again.
-Billy

I installed a TorqStorm SC on my 340 Dart and it works great for what I was looking for. Mopar Muscle did a write up in their March issue. At the time of the writing I didn't have any dyno info but finally got around to getting it done. Dyno was around 600hp at the crank at 6.5psi with the original pulley. The complete experience with TorqStorm went vary well. Rick Lewis at TorqStorm was very helpful. I had a March under drive crank pulley that the drive pulley wouldn't match up right with so they had me send both of them to them and they CNC'D a single pulley to work. Great service!

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 818
340LuckyMan, that looks great.
Tell us more about your engine combo and add more pics. Especially the blower drive and crank pulley.

James, do you still have your original shorter snout? And what was the length?
I might just do a 10 rib conversion, I need a shorter snout to clear my stock mechanical fan....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 540
a $435 belt tensioner? You guys are sick....SICK!:burnout:

Shifty, not sure. The guys at Torqstorm are very helpful and should be able to answer that.

-
Back