Questions on BBP upgrade on '67-'72

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I'm preparing to do a big bolt pattern upgrade on a '67 A body. It's been 20 years since I did one of these upgrades, so I'm a little foggy.

I am running a '68 K member (for improved idler arm design), Doctor Diff reproduction knuckles, a stock sway bar with stock LCAs with stock sway bar tabs, 10.95 rotors and 14"x5.5" steel wheels.

With this setup, do I want to run the calipers on the front or back?

Last edited:
On the back of the spindle or they will hit the stabilizer bar when steering. 73 and newer stabilizer bars are narrower and also have different location on the control arms.

I'm preparing to do a big bolt pattern upgrade on a '67 A body. It's been 20 years since I did one of these upgrades, so I'm a little foggy.

I am running a '68 K member (for improved idler arm design), Doctor Diff reproduction knuckles, a stock sway bar with stock LCAs with stock sway bar tabs, 10.95 rotors and 14"x5.5" steel wheels.

With this setup, do I want to run the calipers on the front or back?
May I recommend you a book...

It's called "Chrysler performance upgrades"
It runs you through all the brake swaps and whys n hows and what with..

Run 'em on the rear, BUT you will still have interference between the forward lower ball joint to spindle bolt and the that sway bar tab...a few ways to skin that cat.

-
Back