Quick Question On Trans Lines

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
Ima Install Probbly The Summit Tranny Cooler Does It Matter What Line Goes On What Fitting? I Thought I Would Ask Before I Jump In It. Anyone Know Where A Cheaper Cooler Is Then The 29$ Summit One?

No it don't matter what line goes on what fitting and no I would not use a inline filter

Ether side and I agree NO in line filter KISS.

I will look though my sons and my parts pile, There might be one out there.
Give me a day and I will find out because it is raining , shipping cost if I have one.

Sweet Thx Mike Just For Looking. My Girlfreind Said For Christmas She Would Get Me A Tranny Cooler She Said Try The Site First She Likes That I Dont Have To Go To All The Part Stores And Look Around Alot. Lol I Still Do Tho.but Im Also Thinking To Improve Cooling Lvls Running A Inline Cooler Leading Up To The Regular Tranny Cooler This Sound Good Or Anyone Done This?

Sweet Thx Mike Just For Looking. My Girlfreind Said For Christmas She Would Get Me A Tranny Cooler She Said Try The Site First She Likes That I Dont Have To Go To All The Part Stores And Look Around Alot. Lol I Still Do Tho.but Im Also Thinking To Improve Cooling Lvls Running A Inline Cooler Leading Up To The Regular Tranny Cooler This Sound Good Or Anyone Done This?

Creed just came by this morning and said that the trans cooler we had was put on a friends stock car and we do not have one, Sorry 63VALIANT*KISS.
I think that it would be a waist of time and it will give you to many hoses and connections, I am sure the Tranny Cooler will do more than a good job for you. buy running a trans cooler your radiator will not have to deal with the added heat from your trans
I would just run the cooler and stay out of the radiator 8)
Merry Christmas 63VALIANT*KISS 8)

The '62-'63 cars came with an inline transmission fluid filter from the factory. It's a black metal can clipped to the engine-to-transmission brace just forward of the starter. These are no longer available, and the one on your car (if it's still there) is probably getting pretty clogged up. See here for details on what to do about trans fluid filtration on the early cars.

The '62-'63 cars came with an inline transmission fluid filter from the factory. It's a black metal can clipped to the engine-to-transmission brace just forward of the starter. These are no longer available, and the one on your car (if it's still there) is probably getting pretty clogged up. See here for details on what to do about trans fluid filtration on the early cars.

That right slantsixdan :cheers: I forgot about my 63 having that can filter
Thank you for jumping in for us :cheers:

We run external coolers on all our stuff,The duster has metal lines,both our darts are all steel braid w/an fittings. Since we got our tranny sponsor we have had no tranny issues with anything hes built us, our 67 gt was the last of our cars to get one of his trannys, he definitely knows his way around a 727.
This is along the lines of what we use but we use a bigger cooler, I just couldnt find it really quick:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-70273/?image=large
Jr.

In-line transmission filters are fine and a good idea if there's a chance that your radiator cooler is contaminated. I put an in-line filter on all of my major overhauls especially the lockup units. Some of the manufacturers require an in-line filter to be installed on thier reman units or the warranty is void. Be sure to use an in-line filter for transmissions, they have a bypass feature and an internal magnet to hold debris. If you didn't have contamination you probably don't need an in-line filter. If there's nothing wrong with your radiator cooler, I would run it and the auxiliary cooler (go from the front fitting on the trans to the radiator first, then to the aux cooler, then to the rear fitting on the transmission). If you suspect the radiator cooler may be damaged then you can get away with running just the aux cooler but don't haul any heavy loads or do ANY towing.

-
Back