-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
found out today one of the boltholes in my 727 transmission is stripped
it is the one that the mount bolts to

pretty sure it takes a 5/8 socket

so, i got to go out and buy a helicoil set, but im not sure what size it is

The HEAD of the bolt and the THREAD of the bolt itself are 2 different things. A simple gauge from HD will tell you the size. Then determine if your thread is coarse or fine. (That is pretty obvious to see).
Screenshot_20200531-071306_Chrome.jpg

Your description needs to be more clear.

sorry about that

you know the transmission mount
bn:ANd9GcSE3w-aunAuYDWvta6FY9_LGJJX9E7cQyQupnqs95P86ldIOeCZsyfSpaMlv1mzYItR_9IFhHCcGEcn&usqp=CAc.png

(its upside down in this picture)

i meant the two bolts that go through the holes and mount it to the transmission tailshaft

(it does look like @Oldmanmopar answered my question allready)

The HEAD of the bolt and the THREAD of the bolt itself are 2 different things.

i get that
i simply added the head size so you guys knew which one i was talking about

7/16 14 bolts have a 5/8 head.

Well, no, in Canada they have 16mm heads. A size never before seen in my toolbox until Canada forced me to buy one. You know, when we got bombed by the Metric System. But as you know. 1 of 16mm in your toolbox is never enough so I ended up with 4 new 3/8 drive sockets, 2 new 1/2 drive sockets, and a handful of wrenches. Boy was I a DA, 16mm is .6299inch, verses .6250 in standard. So all those 16s are languishing in the spares drawer, along with the 19mms and the 13s, and the 8s.

Yea. I hated to buy Metric tools as a young mechanic.
But, I had no choice since most US cars in the 80s started using metric. I remember the GM metric bolt heads were actually Blue.
My 1/2 inch wrench on the 13mm bolts only carried me so far, lol.

-
Back