Quickfit Harness

-

Kent mosby

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I only have a 3 point seatbelt in my 73 scamp. I feel that it would be better to have something better to hold me in the seat. I am not bracket racing and should not be under 11 seconds but mid 11s is doable. I do not have a roll cage or bar to mount a harness. my son told me about this as a possibility. Has anyone seen or used these? What other options are available for stock interior??
967_quickfit_asm_b.jpg
967_quickfit_installation_graphic_b.jpg

Kind of a neat idea. But, I don't see it being effective in anything other than a head on collision.

With the low mounting point to the rear seat belt attachments, I believe you may run the risk of serious spinal compression in the event of an accident.
The correct mounting location for shoulder harness belts is generally considered to be an angle of no more than 10-degrees below the top of the shoulders.

With the low mounting point to the rear seat belt attachments, I believe you may run the risk of serious spinal compression in the event of an accident.
The correct mounting location for shoulder harness belts is generally considered to be an angle of no more than 10-degrees below the top of the shoulders.
I agree unless the seat is "special." One of the members on here was putting seats in one out of a ?? Caddie ?? where the seat belt system is pretty much all integrated into the seat, shoulder and all.

Are you indicating that this would be worse for safety than an OEM 3 point belt?

Are you indicating that this would be worse for safety than an OEM 3 point belt?

The mounting point for the OEM 3-point shoulder belt in my '69 Dart is well above my shoulders.
Granted it's primarily designed to keep me out of the steering column in the event of a front end impact
The possibility of spinal compression and related injuries is frightening. I would look for another solution if you're using stock-height low back front buckets.
The Schroth harness setup appears to be a viable alternative if you have high back buckets with a separate headrest - as long as the top of the seat back is high enough. I don't know how they may work with an integrated headrest like OEM Mopar vintage high back buckets

Last edited:
What options would you suggest for a stock interior car?
I really don't have a great suggestion for you. Without an actual race seat and harness, there's really no holding you in tight. I completely understand keeping stock interior. But, if you're thinking of mid 11's, that puts you in six point territory. Every time you race, go over your car. Nut and bolt. Leaks. Take every precaution you can.

Last edited:
-
Back