quitting coffee

-
wow, tea instead of scotch, that should have a big effect on your health
you'd be much better off to just eat an apple in the morning
studies show black coffee is good for the liver, look it up
caffeine is mild analgesic and stimulant, I love the stuff

I eat fairly healthy, but playing the alcohol and caffeine game does not feel good. I'm a much more patient and less stressed person without it. I do have coffee and alcohol on weekends, just not through the week. Apples and carrots are two things I dont go a day without

i quit smoking and the alcohol but still enjoy a couple of cups of coffee every morning and it doesn't seem to bother me.
Cutting back on sugar is a better, idea but almost impossible...everything is laced with it!

i quit smoking and the alcohol but still enjoy a couple of cups of coffee every morning and it doesn't seem to bother me.
Cutting back on sugar is a better, idea but almost impossible...everything is laced with it!
I used to take 3 spoons of sugar in each cup of coffee

When I got married I was 170

Usually I'd float around 210
At one point I made it past 220, and I decided I had to do something drastic...so I started drinking my coffee black

Took me a few weeks to get used to, but it dropped my right back down below 200

I've fallen off an on the coffee wagon over the years. Military time required it and I genuinely just LIKE the taste. Black or just a splash of cream...I'm good. Did the cold turkey and dealt with the headache for a few days. Switched to decaf but felt like I was drinking O'Doul's in a bar so moved back to the real-deal. The darker and blacker. the better.

Yah...old Tony used to say " you can't make coffee too strong"!
Nothing worse than 40 fathom coffee.

Found some Costco Decaf dark roast....Put it into my Black silk 1:1 and Im drinking that blend now. No headaches....not bad tasting.
We used to take the MRE coffee packet, creamer and sugar and put it all in one and just toss it down in powder form. chase it with a few gulps of canteen water, and your good to go. In 4 years I never actually made a hot cup of MRE coffee, never had the time or the open fire to make hot water.

Probably your best best would be drinking a quality decaf 1/2 and 1/2 with your coffee for a while and it will be much easier on you. When my sleep pattern used to get all messed up from working on call and swing shifts I'd occasionally take a hiatus from caffeine. To this day I still drink a high quality roast ground up 1/2 decaf and 1/2 leaded. Eat right and get some miles on your body, you won't need the jolt you would otherwise. Eating less meat is a good place to start.

Yah...old Tony used to say " you can't make coffee too strong"!
Nothing worse than 40 fathom coffee.

one of my buddy's favorite memories of "growing up" with me was the first time he crashed at my place after a night of heavy drinking

i pointed him towards the kitchen

there's the cups, there's the coffee and there's the scissors

he said, whats the scissors for?

i told him, after you're done pouring the coffee, you need the scissors to cut the stream

yeah, it was that strong

Eating less meat is a good place to start.
Not sure that is true, but I don't want to argue it either. Meat is one thing that doesn't spike my blood glucose. I'm finding out I do well eating fish, chicken breast and vegetables. Making sure I get well over 100 grams of quality protein daily. I think it helps, my hair and nails grow fast lol

I'm not saying it works for everyone but it could help. Just like the engines in our cars we all have different operating environments and factory (lol or non factory) equipment that requires different fuel. Diabetes is definitely an outlier condition so that should definitely be considered when getting your "tune up" correct.

I'm not saying it works for everyone but it could help. Just like the engines in our cars we all have different operating environments and factory (lol or non factory) equipment that requires different fuel. Diabetes is definitely an outlier condition so that should definitely be considered when getting your "tune up" correct.
I have a friend who cannot eat meat. Diverticul-osis or -itis, can't recall which one.

30384a6c2a8800d1d939ee8a8c9cdb39.jpg

allright, im listening

For one thing, the word “meat” isn’t always referring to flesh foods. It means any foods. That’s the first thing. Another issue is the battle between clean and unclean foods. Acts chapter 10 covers that and more but it is purposeful misrepresented so folks can claim to eat anything that crawls up on their plate. A third issue is when was the eating of flesh foods allowed and why. Flesh foods were never designed to be a permanent food source for humans per the Bible. It’s all there, in black and white.

For one thing, the word “meat” isn’t always referring to flesh foods. It means any foods. That’s the first thing. Another issue is the battle between clean and unclean foods. Acts chapter 10 covers that and more but it is purposeful misrepresented so folks can claim to eat anything that crawls up on their plate. A third issue is when was the eating of flesh foods allowed and why. Flesh foods were never designed to be a permanent food source for humans per the Bible. It’s all there, in black and white.

fair 'nuff, what do you make out of Genesis 9:3 ?

That’s why you need margin references so you can track this stuff out. See Deuteronomy 14:3 through the about verse 9 or so and then follow all the rest of the margin references for Genesis 9:3 to follow the teaching. If you simply follow the Genesis narrative all the way, you’ll find that flesh food was introduced after the flood because there was no vegetation to be had and no land fit to grow food for some time after the flood waters subsided. It was a temporary expedient for a purpose. Man’s life span has been shortened by excess flesh foods.

Also, one needs to consider that when man and all creatures were created none were intended to die. Everything with blood (the life is in the blood is it not?) was created perfect and was perfect for what it was created for. No animal was created as food for man. Also, vegetables were not created for man to either. Those were made for the animals to eat. And the animals like the pig and other creatures in their varieties were to clean up after man and the other animals. That point needs to be considered for a long time.

Also, one needs to consider that when man and all creatures were created none were intended to die. Everything with blood (the life is in the blood is it not?) was created perfect and was perfect for what it was created for. No animal was created as food for man. Also, vegetables were not created for man to either. Those were made for the animals to eat. And the animals like the pig and other creatures in their varieties were to clean up after man and the other animals. That point needs to be considered for a long time.
What is man to eat? I know 7th Day Aventists say seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables. The digestive tract is there for a reason.

What is man to eat? I know 7th Day Aventists say seeds, nuts, fruits, vegetables. The digestive tract is there for a reason.

Yes, is the digestive tract any different now than at creation? You also have teeth. You can’t eat an apple without them but you can gum a piece of meat pretty good with no teeth.

-
Back