R-12 Reclamation

-

berwaldg

cudasforever
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an R-12 relaimation service near Wilmington NC? I need to remove the R-12 from my old Barracuda to replace the expansion valve, then re-install it.

Just use R134 to refill it. I installed a complete 69 factory air in my 69 cuda from another car. Used all stock parts. Replaced drier & expansion valve & it works great with R134. Blows so cold I have to turn it down.

If you have it apart you should replace the drier too if it hasn’t been done recently.

If it comes to that I will, thanks. I have dealer added air and it used to blow ice cold, but now, even though full of freon, I have no low side pressure. Has to be the expansion valve.

Usually A/C repair shops have the ability to reclaim R12. I had a gas station that had the reclaimer because he serviced A/C.

It might be hard to find someone with an R-12 reclaim machine. They haven't been needed in many years. Find a talented technician that cares, and you might need a little fresh 12 to top it off as it is difficult to avoid "hose loss". If you know a commercial tech, have them pressure test it with nitrogen. Don't forget to oil your new o rings.

In 15-20 years we'll have the same conversation about 134a as it is now being replaced by R-1234yf. The yf is for "Why the *!%- do you believe this will help the environment?" :lol:

-
Back