R5P7, Any Interest??

-

Blucuda413

Reaction score
Looking for 2 people INTERESTED in purchasing a used freshened NASCAR R5P7 engine. Have contact with guy with three, 358ci, fully dressed except exhaust and carb. They are 830hp with 0 laps, 832hp with 0 laps and 837hp with 20 laps. Would love to make deal on purchasing all 3 but can't do it without help. Currently asking $23k for all but I think will go lower (will have to). PM me if seriously interested. Thanks, Max

Great dirt track engines

got two buddies who have run them in A body cars.
One ran 9.40’s, other runs 9.70’s.
The guy who went 9.40’s had a truck series restrictor plate motor with a dinky 248/258 camshaft. Went 143 mph at 3000 pounds.
Guy with the 9.70’s car, unsure what his combo is. But its r5p7 deal

if you were in canada you'd have the money monday . to bad would be interesting

That is a SCREAMING deal for all three engines!! Wish I had some extra cash.

That's cheap horsepower. They're dry sump, correct?

yep

big thing is fabbing up a front end around the motor.
Those heads are super, super good…400 cfm good

The guy I bought my R1/Indy set up from (RIP Mike Crick) bought five of them several years ago and put them in several race cars. He told me that once the converter was right they were great engines for drag racing. All of them went in pretty light cars.

The guy I bought my R1/Indy set up from (RIP Mike Crick) bought five of them several years ago and put them in several race cars. He told me that once the converter was right they were great engines for drag racing. All of them went in pretty light cars.

he was 100% right. Get the vert right, they fly.
And they are very durable

will a 904 or a 727 bolt up ?? and also the headers would need to be custom made i would think ????

-
Back