-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparraceman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Contact seller
wanted older dakota square front end truck, that has been changed over to a race truck,or in progress ,that some one didnt finish, roller or with drive train budget $7500 sorry that all i can get, will answer all, picture and price, threw a conversation thanks

I still have my 95 that is NOT converted over to a race truck, but it's in decent shape, factory V8 auto. factory 3:91 Sure Grip 8 1/4" rear, with a lot of mechanical parts replaced, all front suspension pieces inc. all bushings & brake lines front to back, (a lot of new parts on it) for sale. It would make a good starting point for a drag vehicle & I like this thing, it's a blast to drive. If you have any interest, I would sell it for $6000. It is a street driven truck, Pa. inspected & insured that I do drive at least once a month. I will send you any pix you would like.

DSC00256 (2).JPG

thanks for reply your truck is really to nice to use for what iam going to do, its the exact body style iam looking for, but when i dont used the complete drive train, and all four wheels and tires ,iam only buying the body thanks

That's fine with me. Saw you were still looking, so I asked again. They aren't that easy to come-by, especially 1st gens. If I come across one for sale in my area, I'll let you know. I have a friend who has a few of the 1st gen Dakota's that are just sitting right now. Maybe he'll sell one. I am 20 minutes or so North of Philly, near I-95 just so you know. Are you looking for a regular cab, club cab or is body type not important?

thanks any help would be appreciated , reg cab ,short bed, pretty rust free ,check with him on first gen see what he has ? the cheaper it is the better off for me, on social security, shouldnt even be fooling with this stuff, maybe he has one with a bad motor or trans ,that would work for me .

Last edited by a moderator:
have you heard from your friend on the trucks ? if you do send pictures and price . i really like your truck but dont have that much to spend could probably get $4500 thanks

I haven't heard back yet, but I will contact him tonight or tomorrow & let you know. Did you check out the one for sale on FTO? I think it was a 89-90, nice shape, that he was asking $800 for, but I think it was in W.V.

Sorry, I thought you knew. It's "For Trucks Only". The forum is very similar to FABO. There is a 90 Dakota for sale on that site. I am still waiting for my buddy to get back to me on the one he is willing to part with though. I will let you know as soon as I get any details. If you go to the bottom of the page on FABO, you will see Pickup Truck Forum, just click on it, & it will take you right there.

o ok, i dont know since i been looking, would also take the dakota with round front end, single cab,short bed .thanks for all the help

i check the one out in WV on site you gave me, think i will wait and see what your friend has, get pictures easyer to send on phone, my number is deleted by staff thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the second gen. Dakotas all the time on Craigslist for sale. They are much easier to find, but they are a lot heavier, between 3 & 5 hundred pounds more. Still waiting for a reply on my friends 94.

Yes. I think 91 & later Dakotas are all 6 lug. That is when they were available with a V8, except for the Shelby Dakotas. All the ones my friend has are 6 lug. However, you can use 5 lug front rotors from an earlier Dakota (86-90), on a Dakota up till 96. That was the last year for the 1st gen's. Wheel bearings & races are exactly the same, you just have to swap over rear axle shafts or modify a stronger rear to fit. Probably a better idea for a race truck as the 8 1/4" rear won't take much more than 300 or so horsepower.

yes thanks for info, see what he has ,i will deal with it, body no rust most inportant, get into a lot of money quick do you have any extra parts ? or would he have a Abody 83/4 i could swap that out put it in truck ?

I've been accumulating parts for mine, but nothing special to sell. The A body 8 3/4" rear is like the "Holy Grail" for A body guys. Not cheap! You would be better off finding a Chrysler 9 1/4" rear (12 bolt cover) from a 2nd gen Dakota or Durango, & getting new axles. (5 lug) You have to change the shock mount locations, but other than that, they are basically a direct bolt-in. I am planning on finding one for mine. They are supposed to be very strong, & they are easy to work on. Also you can find one with limited slip diff. & 3:91 gears pretty easy.

you know alot about these trucks ,i just getting started on them well maybe your friend can fix me up with a truck i will go on from there thanks

Ok, I just heard back from my friend last night about his Dakota for sale. I haven't got any pictures yet, but we are working on that still. (kind of hard to get decent ones where truck is right now) but, $1500 is the price, firm! It's a 96, V6 stick, good shape with minimal rust, 1 rocker panel should be fixed/replaced, fender arch patched-up on bed, (Rockauto has these pieces. I have them for my Dakota) but other than that, a pretty solid truck. Good frame, new windshield, has sliding back window & very straight. You will not find a Dakota without these minor rust issues. They are common. Most are rusted a lot worse, but this truck is surprisingly nice. I will get pictures & post them here as soon as I can. I will try to send them via your e-mail also, but I have never done that, so it will be a learning experience for me if I figure it out. Let me know what you think. Thanks

ok thanks, sounds good, what rear end would that have 81/4 since its a stick would it have lower gear ratio ? i do have a friend who has a lot of parts for dakotas ,if you need anything i will check with him there early parts

Don't know rear axle or ratio for sure but I would think it's the 8 1/4" rear. The 7 1/4" rears were in the 4 cyl. trucks only, as far as I know. The ratio I have no clue & my friend probably doesn't either. If the tag on the rear is readable, I can let you know when I get the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back