Racing @ Northern Nationals show at US131 this weekend

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Weather was friggin horrible. Don’t know if I have ever raced in such heat and humidity in these parts. 75 dew point, 130+ water grains, well over 4000 foot, and low 90’s out.
This event( which isn’t what it once was) has become a tradition of sorts.
Shirley Muldowney was there, the Lagana’s nitro ninja car, The Greek’s granddaughter racing the updated family nitro car, Massey in Dakin’s top fueler etc, etc… nitro funnies..
Got 3 hits during the test and tune Friday
Eliminations for us bracket cars on Saturday , another bracket race today.
Saturday, I got off to a good start, faced a tough customer first round. Managed to put together a nice 22 total on him footbraking.
Opponent went red ( slower car) on me second round, thankfully as I had a 66 bulb..
Third round I raced a hitter in the street category at the track who was racing in modified for the weekend because his class wasn’t part of the program this weekend. I sat and waited what seemed like forever( he was dialed 8.93) and turned it red being impatient.
Today, rain was in the forecast for noon time. I got to the track this morning and made the decision to put the car on the trailer. Rains came before first round got completed, turned out to be a good decision.
Just made it back to the store after sitting in pouring down rain for a while to strap down the car and cart….. All in all, fun sweaty weekend.
Today told me something I think about my age, first time in my life I was at the track with a car, and chose to sit it out.
3C4CB8A1-274B-43C5-87E7-E4BBC87FE76E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wise decision, that weather is ripping through here right now, just about blew the tools right outta my hand!

-
Back