rack and pinion steering

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a rack and pinion steering kit that works on a k frame yet ?
I`m wanting to go back to a my modded factory k frame that I changed to clear the milodon 9 qt pan . I dont want to run the torsion bars because of header clearance , I have the 2' tti`s on it now , and they clear everything , (coil over .)
I would run the bars if I have to , but I dont want to run the tie rod thru the pan , like we used to do on the hemi back in the old days .
I would keep the coil overs if I can come up with a good rig that would handle and drive better than the magnum force drag setup that is on it now. It has been satisfactory , but doesnt handle well on bad roads , ="Okla." The engine is on a motor plate , and have had no trouble with the k frame part of it , which I`m well satisfied with, the car just doesnt drive to suit me , as I `m trying to make it more streetable . The full caltac system doesn`t help the rear either !
I have the full front end assembly out of the car , but it needs rebuilt anyway .
Al comments appreciated ----------------------Bob

Last edited:
have you looked at the HDK torsion bar eliminator package?...it uses OEM or Qa1 K with factory steering but eliminates the torsion bars.

The reason why a factory K does not work (properly) with a rack is because it is almost impossible to mount a front steer rack in the proper location for correct geometry with the factory LCA pivot points.....among other challenges.

here is what the customers have to say..........
HDK Suspension Customer Testimonials

There's one for sale on FBBO.

...but it requires a special PS pump that is not included.

Get rid of the K-member. Gerst front suspension replacement with rack and pinion. Or Reilly motorsports. I'm sure that there are others. I have the Gerst.

-
Back