Rad for Duster /6 to 340 swap

-

b-body-bob

Reaction score
I've been told that an 82 truck radiator will work in a duster, if you drill a couple of new holes. Can anyone here confirm that, before I go buy a rad I can't use?

Do you know anyone with an 80's 318 truck?
There all the same ubtil they went to the new body style.
The reason i ask is maybe you can just take some measurements of the radiator and measurements of your Duster before you buy one.

I never used a truck radiator in a car but this is what i would do if you can't find anyone to confirm your question. :)

b-body-bob said:
I've been told that an 82 truck radiator will work in a duster, if you drill a couple of new holes. Can anyone here confirm that, before I go buy a rad I can't use?

If you are talking about a 26" radiator yes it will fit with some modifications. I have seen it done. You will have to notch the mounting flanges at the bottoms to fit down between the sub-frame rails. I have 26 " radiator in my A-body also but it is from Radiators.com and it came notched out allready. You will need to drill new mounting holes also.

If you you need a Fan shroud for that radiator you can still order them from a dealer. You have to ask for one for a 73 Charger. For some crazy reason that is the only year and car they can order one for.

'73 Charger shroud, eh? I'll pass that on to the guy that told me about the truck rads.

I did a little more research, and was able to order a replacement 340 rad for the car. It cost more, but it doesn't have to be adapted to fit. Gonna be harder to find a shroud for it though.

-
Back