Rad hoses.

-

A Body 440 WHY NOT

Reaction score
What rad hoses are you running on a 69 dart / 440 ? Not interested in the “ flex” kind.
Looking for a molded 1 1/2 top
1 3/4 bottom.
thanks.

3987BFBA-6DDF-4BEA-B42B-F5CC5E3AE731.jpeg

What rad hoses are you running on a 69 dart / 440 ? Not interested in the “ flex” kind.
Looking for a molded 1 1/2 top
1 3/4 bottom.
thanks.

View attachment 1715640472
Depends on the radiator. If the radiator is stock and the engine is in the correct location then you can use factory hoses. If the radiator is custom then you'll just have to hunt around until you find a hose that fits. There is no way to pick a hose if the ports on the radiator are not in the correct location.
DSC_4078 (Large).JPG

If it helps, on a 26" radiator, this Dayco # works when trimmed on the radiator end.......
upload_2020-12-2_7-25-39.png

I bought this one for the lower but haven't installed.......
upload_2020-12-2_7-32-12.png

I used '68 Coronet 383 for the upper with that configuration. I believe the lower I used was factory big block A-body, but I'd have to search it out to be sure.

I used '68 Coronet 383 for the upper with that configuration. I believe the lower I used was factory big block A-body, but I'd have to search it out to be sure.
Factory big block A body hoses will work if the radiator ports are in the factory location. With a custom aluminum radiator the ports could be anywhere. If the ports aren't in the factory location then none of us can help since we have no idea which hose will work.

Factory big block A body hoses will work if the radiator ports are in the factory location. With a custom aluminum radiator the port s could be anywhere. If the ports aren't in the factory location then none of us can help since we have no idea which hose will work.
This ebay aluminum radiator has the ports on opposite sides from the factory one. But with a little trimming, these Gates part numbers fit my big-block reasonably well.
DSCF0197.JPG
DSCF0198.JPG

When I put my BB B'cuda together I used a side tank aluminum rad and later pump housing so driver side upper and pass side lower.
Walked into AZ and asked to see the hose selection...here's how it went:
AZ guy: Why? I'll look it up
Me: That's not gonna work it's a 69 BB B'cuda
AZ guy: My computer goes back that far
Me: OK????
AZ guy: 69? What motor?
Me: 383
AZ Guy: ok
Me...but it's got a later model 400 pump housing and a Chevy style aluminum radiator
AZ guy: Ummm...I'll show you our hose selection
Me: Now we're talking!
LOL...found a couple that worked just fine with a bit of trimming. Have fun shopping!!

O.K., these are the #'s for big block in 67-69 a-body . Bear in mind that you have to have the radiator with the top hose more or less in the center and the bottom hose must exit on the drivers side . top: Gates #20386 cut to fit . bottom : Gates#20558 cut to fit . $27.07 each

I'm just about to go through this myself on my 66 Dart w/ aftermarket radiator. This thread is extremely helpful. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!
I have a gates 20875 coming on Thursday from rock auto for the top. Also got a flex job for the bottom. Wish I saw the last post prior to ordering . That one looks good
I will update on how the gates fits.

O.K., these are the #'s for big block in 67-69 a-body . Bear in mind that you have to have the radiator with the top hose more or less in the center and the bottom hose must exit on the drivers side . top: Gates #20386 cut to fit . bottom : Gates#20558 cut to fit . $27.07 each
Those are the same part numbers I'm using also. I'm using a Cold Case radiator for a 67-69 big block A body in my 71 Demon. I went to the short oil filter instead of the long one for more clearance. The Cold Case radiator also bolts up to the factory bolt holes. I'd recommend installing a spring in the bottom radiator hose.

20201031_172135.jpg

20201017_171208.jpg

20201015_142327.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. After an hour of looking for parts online, I thought maybe someone on FABO has the answer. Took 5 minutes to find and order hoses online. Just got the 440 back from the machine shop. Finally getting close to stuffing it into my son's 70 Dart.

I use Goodyear hose's but with a stock config radiator. In my case a 2898033 68 Radiator.

Goodyear lower 60659
Goodyear Upper 60662

They are spot on perfect for stock with the correct humps and bends minus the Mopar marking stamps!

Used with factory squeeze clamps!

Last edited:
Depends on the radiator. If the radiator is stock and the engine is in the correct location then you can use factory hoses. If the radiator is custom then you'll just have to hunt around until you find a hose that fits. There is no way to pick a hose if the ports on the radiator are not in the correct location.
View attachment 1715640815

Hey Andy - you don't happen to have a part number or application for that upper radiator hose on your old Duster, do you?

Goodyear is now Continental. Same part numbers.
I use Goodyear hose's but with a stock config radiator. In my case a 2898033 68 Radiator.

Goodyear lower 60659
Goodyear Upper 60662

They are spot on perfect for stock with the correct humps and bends minus the Mopar marking stamps!

Used with factory squeeze clamps!

-
Back