Radiator aftermarket

Well my radiator Core can't be flushed out and got a price of 390 to recore..who installed a good a

• New aluminum

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Radiator aluminum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
My radiator has bad flow and got a price of 390 for recore looking to see what aftermarket aluminum people have had and tested to be quality and long lasting..help me..lol

BE Cool, Mopar A Body radiator. I've used 2. Can't beat them

I don't know why everyone wants an aluminum radiator. The experience I've had with aluminum rads are that they are weak, and don't cool as well as a brass/copper rad. The upside of light weight I get, but unless it's a race car, I don't want to give up the durability and cooling of brass/copper.

I don't know why everyone wants an aluminum radiator. The experience I've had with aluminum rads are that they are weak, and don't cool as well as a brass/copper rad. The upside of light weight I get, but unless it's a race car, I don't want to give up the durability and cooling of brass/copper.
I'm finding it cheaper to go aluminum..and will keep old one if I save enough I'll record it and have as backup .

There is no shortage of radiator companies out there. Those mentioned in this topic have earned the right to be a consideration. Cold Case is a newer brand but we're not a new company. We also produce Pypes exhaust. So we are not going anywhere. But we need to earn the industry's trust. That means we have to create enough value to give us a try. Our dual 1 1/4" core, stamped and polished tanks, lifetime warranty,60 day cool guarantee and a really good introductory forums member price just happens to make us a very good value right now. i believe we're also the only participating Radiator sponsor on this site right now. :)

Been
There is no shortage of radiator companies out there. Those mentioned in this topic have earned the right to be a consideration. Cold Case is a newer brand but we're not a new company. We also produce Pypes exhaust. So we are not going anywhere. But we need to earn the industry's trust. That means we have to create enough value to give us a try. Our dual 1 1/4" core, stamped and polished tanks, lifetime warranty,60 day cool guarantee and a really good introductory forums member price just happens to make us a very good value right now. i believe we're also the only participating Radiator sponsor on this site right now. :)
A good help so far Chris..will be in contact this week

$390 to recore???
It's not rocket surgery, just buy a new radiator.
Aluminum or copper, go big, as in tube size, not rows. You'll be done in less than $200. Add a good mechanical fan, or OE electric,and stop overthinking it.

ECP, not a bad unit. 1" core instead of 1 1/4". A lot of their cores don't go to the edge of the tanks which could be as many as 8 tubes missing. It might do the job, but it might not.
Just an interesting observation. Last Winter that radiator was $320. Then sometime during the year it went down to $275. Now it's $219. All this at the same time Cold Case was. introduced and our prices have increased (except for you members) Small Companies that have keep lowering their price, have to sacrifice something. Time will tell.

Bought mine over a year ago, same price. Works great too. Much better than OE. Good luck!
Thanks guys ...not over thinking it just don't wanna get shitty parts and doing the job more than once..i like getting information as I go.. maybe a dumb question but I got my old radiator back.and it looks the same as I dropped it off.. thought I would see something different .. fluids if they dipped ..dryed out from air test ??something ..or am I wrong
Bought mine over a year ago, same price. Works great too. Much better than OE. Good luck!
Thanks everyone..not over thinking it just wanna get a good product the first time so I'm not doing the job over..and like to get information as I go..ok maybe dumb question but...I got my radiator back and it looks the same as it did when I dropped it off.. shouldnt it be different like dryed out from air test ,or fluids on it from being dipped .or something different at least . or did he just look and say ow it needs a recore...

just anot her thought. Years ago, I was traveling down to see my father in Hemet. CA, and my 74 Dart ex cop car overheated in Bakersfield. I nursed it to Hemet, and took it into a shop there. They rodded out the rad, R &R'd it, and refilled it with fresh coolant for half the cost of just rodding it in Seattle. That car never had another cooling problem. Couldn't have been happier with the job. Maybe consider sending it out to be done where the cost of living is much cheaper.

If cold case has a radiator that fits without modification and has two 1.250 cores that's the radiator you want. Install a Milodon high flow water pump, and Stewart Components thermostat and never look back.

Don't buy the more cores is better fib.

I used a champion with my slant 6 '70 dart. Worked great on my daily driver. I sold it and bought a new champion when I did my V8 swap. My friend has a champion oh his 383 '70 chevelle. If I was to do it again I would try the cold case radiator just for the OE look.

I`ve got a 28x19 crossflow "griffin" alum. rad in my 505" , 68 fastback, I was pulling on the floor jack, and pulled the jack off the k member, it bent the front splash pan and rad., along w/ the rad support up 1 1/2", right dead center, tapering out to straight at the sides.I had to straighten and repaint everything, "BUT" the radiator, it doesn`t leak ! Griffins are all welded , no epoxy. Its visibly noticeable in the car!

-
Back