Radiator for 73 Duster B engine

-

m79ded

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm putting a 451 that's about 640 hp into a 73 duster that was originally a 6cyl car. The rad opening is 23 wide and 16 height.The guy I bought it from put a 340 and somehow fitted a 26" rad and made new holes to mount the rad onto the support. But the rad is a single core with plastic tanks and had a hard time keeping the 340 cool.I would like to get a rad with electric fans but I'm not sure what size 22" or 26". I need the most cooling since this will be on the street and bracket raced. Also which brand ? Be cool, Griffin, Champion,ECP, US radiator ETC... This is my 1st venture into aluminum rads and want to get it right the 1st time. Some have told me that an Ebody 26" will fit nicely as well.
Thanks for your help I want to keep this baby cool

Get a 2 speed fan from Rainbow Products along with their controller, they are SUPER QUIET. Radiator is personal choice, stay with a 2 core with at least 1 or 1 1/4 tubes.

my demon has a hot 426 BB. Its running a C-body 26" 3 row (#603 rad) with elect pusher fan. Try to locate one out of a early 70's cop car, taxi, fleet vehicle or similar application. watch your hood hieght clearance, lower craddle/rad support as well as side to side, but you can get a 26" in there.

I have got my last 3 done at the local rad shop. Copper and brass high efficiency recore. This one for a-100 slant to small block stroker. Not cheap, but I feel good about them. He did the small A body one to handle my 440 also.
B7F12720-BC31-43D4-ACCE-B313460C29AB.jpeg

-
Back