Radiator inlet couplings help (Picture)

-

seabee

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I got a replacement water pump but noticed half way through removing it that the top inlets to the intake manifold are super rusted and fused. The new pump did not come with replacement inlets (see below). Anyone know the part numbers or best place to get these? Online has been a dead end for me so far. I thank you in advance,

Bill
waterpumpcopy.jpg

Local auto parts store.

People over think stuff like this all the time. Just tell your parts guy you need hose fittings for the pump and show him the pump.

You can probably get what you need at a hardware store too.

It is so simple I did over-think it. I called the Car-Quest, who I got the pump from, and the guy pulled up the hose sizes-fittings, everything I needed and even had them in stock. I guess I am so used to dead-end dealings with Car Parts store employees that I figured it would be another special order deal. Thanks for the replies, and I am now embarrased about this thread.

It is so simple I did over-think it. I called the Car-Quest, who I got the pump from, and the guy pulled up the hose sizes-fittings, everything I needed and even had them in stock. I guess I am so used to dead-end dealings with Car Parts store employees that I figured it would be another special order deal. Thanks for the replies, and I am now embarrased about this thread.

Nope, no need to think it was embarrassing. I thought I had a source.....you just showed me a better and closer place to get them.

Thanks

Thanks again for the replies. Pictured below is the fittings with part numbers for any future references.
IMG_1017.jpg

Those steel fittings going into your alum manifold could use new nipples, also. Don't ask...

-
Back