Radiator selection for 73 Valiant

-

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
Looking for a radiator for my 73 Valiant, fender tag shows a 26 and the radiator measures 26 inches on the core. Now whenever I search for one, the cut off year is always 1972, same thing with other parts for our cars. Its like 73 and up are not important in the classic car world.

Anyway is there any difference in a 1972 valiant and a 1973 valiant when it comes to radiators and how they mount?

Champion has them for 73-76 Dart 26" & you might try Cold Case they are a vendor here.

Plymouth was discontinued so some places don't list all of the Plymouth line. Look it up as a 73 Dart. I looked Champion's website under 73 Dart & it shows the radiator you are looking for.

Well I ordered that radiator from jegs and I could get it to fit with drilling some holes but I ended up not using it thats not the problem. The problem is the thickness is way to much over the stock radiator and my fan setup will not work. I'm currently running a stock fan with a clutch. Now I get the fan may need to change but even at that it does not look like enough room and the factory fan shroud did not bolt to this one. I also do not want to run electric fans. So im sending it back.

Surely there has to be one that will work with a stock fan style setup and let you bolt the factory shroud.
Any other suggestions maybe a picture of application?

Thanks

-
Back