Radiator size cooling question.

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I don’t want to start any heated debates here lol but I’m looking at a new radiator for my valiant. I’m gonna go with a champion or American Eagle I think they are called. 26” but my question is AE has a 2 core with 1” think tubes or Champion has a 4 core with 0.63 thick tubes. What’s the best option?

2 big rows is better than 4 small rows when it comes to aluminum. I think the pricing is going to be comparable.

I agree with Ccas above. Although I would call both companies and speak with their tech support. Tell them what you have and any modifications you've made and they can suggest the best product for you.

Just for the record. Champion and American Eagle are the same company. Champion is by far more popular because of the 2 row 3 row 4 row choices but all three of those options are kind of gimmicky and the American Eagle 2 row is better than any of the other three Champion units unless you have a very small motor. At that point, you might be fine saving some money and getting the small 2 row Champion unit.

-
Back