Radiator suggestions

-
These cars were made to run pretty warm.
C886FF74-A737-4D76-BFCE-40472AB8B81A.gif

Shotgunning the AIN'T fine if it DON'T work, now, is it? lol
I agree it is always best to find the real problem before you change parts, but sometimes it is not apparent till you change out everything and find the problem was the last part you replaced.

The op has had a problem with one or more components. IMHO the radiator was not one unless it was clogged up. but he wanted to get a trans cooler in there so ok but a new rad. (Yes he could have had a rad shop add one to his current rad and check the condition of the rad at the same time but the price of rad work has gone WAY up from the 80s so a new rad might be a wash)

I agree it is always best to find the real problem before you change parts, but sometimes it is not apparent till you change out everything and find the problem was the last part you replaced.

The op has had a problem with one or more components. IMHO the radiator was not one unless it was clogged up. but he wanted to get a trans cooler in there so ok but a new rad. (Yes he could have had a rad shop add one to his current rad and check the condition of the rad at the same time but the price of rad work has gone WAY up from the 80s so a new rad might be a wash)

I live in the middle of nowhere , as far as I know there aren't any radiator shops near me.

I wonder if this thread will get as many posts as the previous years ?

Try searching " overheat" and see all the possibilities you missed .

Try searching " overheat" and see all the possibilities you missed .
Indeed. I just don't know. I've never had something "just over heat" unless something was obviously wrong. I don't understand why it's such a rampant problem.

Try searching " overheat" and see all the possibilities you

No offense, but never said overheat and to be honest didn't ask for help with current setup. Asked what radiators guys were using with fairly high compression engines, and specifically a certain radiator. Again no disrespect.

Ok first impressions it is cooling better. Drove it to town for idod, Temp cycled between 165-160. And Trans crept to as high as 185-190ish. Isn't exactly apples to apples comparison as now no shroud, but also only 65° here and was 80° when I drove last. Think I will order fans with shroud and see what happens.

-
Back