Radio Help

WildOnce340

Reaction score
Is there any reason I should pay approximately $900.00 for an AM/FM thumb wheel radio for my 1969 dart from Classic Car Stereo, when I can buy, what appears to be the same thing from Redondo for $395.00? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jim

LO23M8B

Reaction score
I think I got one from resto radio a few years ago about $500.00 with everything on it.

BillGrissom

Reaction score
The thumbwheel radio in my 1969 Dart was cool. Not so, the knob ones in my 1964 and 1965 today and didn't care for AM-only. One radio actually worked somewhat. Instead, I installed an Android Head Unit 7" screen in both. It sits in front of the dash, but thin so only projects 1.5". I just mounted the brackets thru the radio knob holes so no cutting of the dash. Can load many Android apps, but the cheapie $85 Chinese one I got appears too wimpy to run Android Auto. You can use phone-mirror though to display phone apps on the screen (via USB cable) and has its own GPS for navigation. I also got the backup camera ($20), which is very useful. It switches to the camera when you shift to reverse (tap backup lamp wire).

dodgedude37

Reaction score
The thumbwheel radio in my 1969 Dart was cool. Not so, the knob ones in my 1964 and 1965 today and didn't care for AM-only. One radio actually worked somewhat. Instead, I installed an Android Head Unit 7" screen in both. It sits in front of the dash, but thin so only projects 1.5". I just mounted the brackets thru the radio knob holes so no cutting of the dash. Can load many Android apps, but the cheapie $85 Chinese one I got appears too wimpy to run Android Auto. You can use phone-mirror though to display phone apps on the screen (via USB cable) and has its own GPS for navigation. I also got the backup camera ($20), which is very useful. It switches to the camera when you shift to reverse (tap backup lamp wire).
Got pics?

BillGrissom

Reaction score
Photos requested.
1964 Valiant red interior. Dash was hacked by a P.O. to fit a non-OEM radio (2nd photo). I need to route the GPS cable behind the dash and mount the USB connectors on the bracket. 1965 Dart is black interior

dash w Android radio.jpg

radio hack job.jpg

dash w radio.jpg