Rally wheel color

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen factory rally wheels painted body color by owners? Just wondering what it looks like on car? Any pics? Thanks

Our 1st 67 notch was spinnaker white. I color matched the rally wheels I put on it. Red dust shields inside to hide the disc brakes and keep them clean. Only pic I have is old poorleroy. I find it odd that todays manufacturers and owners want to show off their big *** rotors and calipers through large openings in their wheels.
Anyone with a silver/grey body has nearly color matched rally wheels.

Saw a Dart for sale on another web site. It was red and they sprayed the Ralley wheels red too.
It didnt look good at all. Looked like a kid coloring outside the lines.
My opinion, If you're going with a body colored wheel, don't spray a stock Ralley wheel, thats like painting a hub cap! Go with steelies.

I've seen it done quite a bit actually. Some colors look better than others. I'm not a fan of it personally but if you like it then go for it. The only person who has to be happy with it is YOU. Most people aren't going to like the wheel/tire combo I have planned for my Dart but who cares. It's my car...

Personally, I don't like it.
I've seen some rallye wheels that are chromed too and I don't like that look either.
If you leave them the factory silver with the trim rings and center caps, they look good on almost any car.
But that's me, do what makes you happy.........

Personally, I don't like it.
I've seen some rallye wheels that are chromed too and I don't like that look either.
If you leave them the factory silver with the trim rings and center caps, they look good on almost any car.
But that's me, do what makes you happy.........
Theres a reason why the Ralley wheel looks so good as it is. Engineers put a lot of effort into the cosmetic curb appeal of the Ralley wheel, and it was an instant hit.

-
Back