Rally wheels mixed width front and back same tire?

Discussion in 'Tires and Wheels (Mopar Hubcaps Too)' started by dartnlo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. dartnlo

dartnlo Has Dart Fever FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    I've found a really nice set of 14" SMB Rally wheels with rings and centers for $300. They are actually two pair of wheels, 2-6" & 2-7". I just bought tires (195-70R14) and put them on my stock steels wheels. 1972 Dart.

My question is: Will the 1" width difference of the wheels affect the sidewall look much with the same tire size on different wheel?

Sub question: I don't really need these right away. They would look like lipstick on a pig on my car right now. Do these come around for sale that often for much less in decent shape.

rallys.jpg

2. Woody'sScamp

Woody'sScamp FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

View My Photos
    Local Time:
    3:54 PM
    Man, if these were BBP I would pay $300 for everything. They look pretty good in this pic, kinda like the dark centers. You might find a set cheaper, but I'll bet they would need work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hellrats

Hellrats Still wrenching after all these years FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Tires will fix fine, and yes I think that is a damn good price if they look that good in person.

• KosmicKuda

KosmicKuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      300 for what you got is a good deal. Factory SBP were only 5.5. If these truly are 6 and 7 then they are aftermarket which is ok. The 7s are a little wide for 195 tires but ok to use. Don't worry about the lipstick thing, just do it. Surprising how good those wheels will make your pig look. I get compliments on the Rallyes on my 64 Val all the time, especially from non Mopar people.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • dartnlo

Local Time:
        Thanks, they are in Indianapolis. I'm near Wichita. I go to an ukulele festival every summer just south of Indy and have friends there that could pick them up and store them for me. Like I said I don't want to put them on quite yet but it seems like a deal. I'm fine with my matching hubcaps for now till I get the body fixed.

• dartnlo

Local Time:
        I guess I can buy a little wider tire for the back too. But the tires on it now only have 510 miles on them...

• mvh

mvh FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        12:54 PM
        They would look better with 215/70-14 tires, and possibly even bigger on the back. 195/70 is pretty dinky -- the sidewall may look tucked-in on the wider rims. My 2 cars have 215/70-14s on factory 5.5" rallies, and 205/70-14 on factory 5.5" steelies. That looks like a nice set, but they come up for sale pretty frequently, so if you're not ready to use them soon, I wouldn't fret about missing a deal.

• Like Like x 1
        • Hellrats

Hellrats Still wrenching after all these years FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          One other factor, wheels can make or break the looks of a car. If that's the look you want go for it. If not then it's money wasted.