Rally wheels mixed width front and back same tire?

-

dartnlo

Has Dart Fever
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've found a really nice set of 14" SMB Rally wheels with rings and centers for $300. They are actually two pair of wheels, 2-6" & 2-7". I just bought tires (195-70R14) and put them on my stock steels wheels. 1972 Dart.

My question is: Will the 1" width difference of the wheels affect the sidewall look much with the same tire size on different wheel?

Sub question: I don't really need these right away. They would look like lipstick on a pig on my car right now. Do these come around for sale that often for much less in decent shape.

rallys.jpg

Man, if these were BBP I would pay $300 for everything. They look pretty good in this pic, kinda like the dark centers. You might find a set cheaper, but I'll bet they would need work.

Tires will fix fine, and yes I think that is a damn good price if they look that good in person.

300 for what you got is a good deal. Factory SBP were only 5.5. If these truly are 6 and 7 then they are aftermarket which is ok. The 7s are a little wide for 195 tires but ok to use. Don't worry about the lipstick thing, just do it. Surprising how good those wheels will make your pig look. I get compliments on the Rallyes on my 64 Val all the time, especially from non Mopar people.

Tires will fix fine, and yes I think that is a damn good price if they look that good in person.
Thanks, they are in Indianapolis. I'm near Wichita. I go to an ukulele festival every summer just south of Indy and have friends there that could pick them up and store them for me. Like I said I don't want to put them on quite yet but it seems like a deal. I'm fine with my matching hubcaps for now till I get the body fixed.

300 for what you got is a good deal. Factory SBP were only 5.5. If these truly are 6 and 7 then they are aftermarket which is ok. The 7s are a little wide for 195 tires but ok to use. Don't worry about the lipstick thing, just do it. Surprising how good those wheels will make your pig look. I get compliments on the Rallyes on my 64 Val all the time, especially from non Mopar people.

I guess I can buy a little wider tire for the back too. But the tires on it now only have 510 miles on them...

They would look better with 215/70-14 tires, and possibly even bigger on the back. 195/70 is pretty dinky -- the sidewall may look tucked-in on the wider rims. My 2 cars have 215/70-14s on factory 5.5" rallies, and 205/70-14 on factory 5.5" steelies. That looks like a nice set, but they come up for sale pretty frequently, so if you're not ready to use them soon, I wouldn't fret about missing a deal.

One other factor, wheels can make or break the looks of a car. If that's the look you want go for it. If not then it's money wasted.

-
Back