Rallye dash bezel screws 68 Barracuda

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Are all 7 screws that hold the rallye dash bezel to the dash frame the same?

rdb68wkit.png

It looks like the 3 that go along the bottom side of the bezel are definitely chrome 8x3/4 fillister head screws. FA 4074 C listed in mrg's catalog

https://mrgusa.com/pdfs/146-147fillis

But are the 4 that screw in vertically through the top of the bezel also the same screws? The reason I ask is because the holes on the top side of the bezel are bigger than the ones near the bottom. I don't think these screw heads would hold the plastic at all but these bezels have that piece of sheet metal that is screwed to the top side of the bezel so it makes me wonder if the screw itself only screws into that piece of sheet metal and never actually holds the plastic itself? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks.

No they are not. Screws facing you are different and have a narrow head. depending on the year they are black or chrome . 68 facing you with narrow heads are chrome. Screws in the top have a wider head

Theres a flat steel stiffener plate that attaches to the top of the rallye bezel and the screws go through that and into the dash.

No they are not. Screws facing you are different and have a narrow head. depending on the year they are black or chrome . 68 facing you with narrow heads are chrome. Screws in the top have a wider head
I have never noticed a difference in the fillister head screws other than chromed or black. Maybe I didn't look close enough. The standard size fillister head from mrGs will work in all 8 of them.

Thanks guys. If the screws that go through the top just go through the plate and don't physically hold the plastic bezel themselves, then that makes it easy since you can't really see them anyway when installed. Appreciate the help.

Thanks guys. If the screws that go through the top just go through the plate and don't physically hold the plastic bezel themselves, then that makes it easy since you can't really see them anyway when installed. Appreciate the help.
Yeo, they didn't fasten the metal to the plastic well enough though. Over enough time, the brim portion of the bezel would sag between the fasteners, get wavy.

I bought that exact ralley dash bezel for my 68 and have he same issue. The screws that they supply in the screw kit don't fit the very large holes that go up through the top of the bezel into the dash. I didn't notice any kind of metal plate on the bezel I removed? I used the screws I could get to fit in the bezel and left the others out since I didn't want to crack a $600 piece of plastic. I hate knowing I don't have ALL the screws in it!!!

There is a thin steel plate that goes on top of plastic bezel, sandwiched between metal dash.
I bought that exact ralley dash bezel for my 68 and have he same issue. The screws that they supply in the screw kit don't fit the very large holes that go up through the top of the bezel into the dash. I didn't notice any kind of metal plate on the bezel I removed? I used the screws I could get to fit in the bezel and left the others out since I didn't want to crack a $600 piece of plastic. I hate knowing I don't have ALL the screws in it!!!

Are all 7 screws that hold the rallye dash bezel to the dash frame the same?

View attachment 1715833339

It looks like the 3 that go along the bottom side of the bezel are definitely chrome 8x3/4 fillister head screws. FA 4074 C listed in mrg's catalog

https://mrgusa.com/pdfs/146-147fillis

But are the 4 that screw in vertically through the top of the bezel also the same screws? The reason I ask is because the holes on the top side of the bezel are bigger than the ones near the bottom. I don't think these screw heads would hold the plastic at all but these bezels have that piece of sheet metal that is screwed to the top side of the bezel so it makes me wonder if the screw itself only screws into that piece of sheet metal and never actually holds the plastic itself? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks.
It’s all making a lot more sense Thank you

-
Back