Ram engine removal

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who here has removed a Hemi from a newer Ram 4x4. Sport. 2014. Did u remove the front grill and bumper etc? Any other tips. Thanks. Kim

Who here has removed a Hemi from a newer Ram 4x4. Sport. 2014. Did u remove the front grill and bumper etc? Any other tips. Thanks. Kim
Just did Danys 01 durango.
Top of core support unbolted and everything came out the front like a van.
Didn't even take the hood off!!!
Bet a newer ram is similar
20180918_163510.jpg

Working on a 2005 at the moment. The grill obviously raises with the hood. I think the upper tie bar unbolts on yours also, as motorpirate suggested. Definitely going to have to remove intake manifold before it comes out. There are two small threaded bosses under the insulation pad that you can use to lift from.

The newer rams arent the clamshell style hood.
The older ones,could twist ac condenser around and it would tuck under front of truck out of the way.

The newer rams arent the clamshell style hood.
The older ones,could twist ac condenser around and it would tuck under front of truck out of the way.
Right, when you remove the grill, does the upper radiator tie bar unbolt? Or is it a "one piece" support like a car?

Yes, it will come out. The engine is way back about half way under the cab. I see Chrysler has a special jig to bolt to the engine once the intake is off so the engine will lift level. Also the tranny pan looks to be some kind of plastic with cooling fins and is apparently the filter also, so I won’t be able to jack on it I don’t think even with a flat board on the jack. Kim

When i pulled the enine from the ram,i had a hard time as the shop crane i used was too short. Bumper prevented it from going back far enough.

I think I may have that problem also as even if I pull the bumper and stuff the crane may be too short. Then trying to put it back in will be hell. This is a job at my work.

I made an extension for the boom,added weight to back of crane and a ratchet strap some where underneath to help pull it back. Was still a battle.

-
Back