Random pictures thread

-
B0DCFCE6-4D78-4349-B872-A8C8B980E9A3.jpeg

when I didn't roll my own, I'd smoke chesterfields

I still remember how the change would be taped to each pack

Faceplant into the bug catcher. Ouch. Not to mention that is the one where he lost his foot.
I believe.
There is a dent on the top loop of the cage where it hit the bug catcher. Lost half his right foot. It's all pretty now in the museum.

This is what I did over my 4th of July holiday. Painted this silver metallic. Man is that paint a pain to get looking decent. Paint bombed it with Krylon. Streaks on the flat surfaces. Finally got Krylon in a quart can and brushed the flat surfaces. That stuff really dried fast. Had to stroke quick.

5E5B36D3-63AF-4B62-BB7B-6A81A181544A.jpeg

how would he ever get traction like that?

Had nothing to do with traction. This is history in the making right here. This is the incident that convinced "Big" to make rear engine cars WORK. Don did not invent the concept but he is credited with making them successful. This was THE clutch explosion that cut the car in half, taking part of (I don't remember how much) of one foot with it.

This was at Lions if I recall. Look it up. There is plenty of documentation on this

I can still remember Don interviewed in an old magazine shortly after getting the first rear engine car to work well. Claimed he said this between him and the crew chief.

"Man the visibility is GREAT!!! Saw a big ol' 5/8 bolt down in the traps."

"Oh Yeh?"

"Yeah.....FINE THREAD!!!"

-
Back