Random pictures thread

-
Hey, here's my little guy. About 1 1/2 here.
Resized_20191209_180039_8880(1).jpeg

I had to do some patching on the stairwell on the 100+ year old place a few years ago (timestamp is wrong, this was probably 2009 or so), boy was 7 I think. Rigged up my platform. Wife was not happy seeing this when she came home. :)

100_0528.JPG

100_0533.JPG

Five Guys burger joint, I wont touch the big fast food chains and these are really great burgers. I get mine with the works. This is a single large order of fries, I split them with the wife and had some for hash browns the next morning.

upload_2020-1-10_9-40-53.jpeg

Many years go, in the small town of Marshall, Texas where I grew up, a local concern opened a burger place in a brand new building. I don't recall the name of the place. I was probably 10 years old at the time. It was a big deal for a while to have a new burger joint in town, but the big news came later. One day a crane and a work crew showed up and modified the building. We couldn't imagine why, but the rumor that went around was that there was some burger place somewhere "up north" that had filed a lawsuit over the architecture and colors used in the building. The crew chopped off the arches that were part of the structure of the building, and the burger place went on with it's buisness. At the time, no one in our area had ever heard of McDonalds, and it would be quite a few years later that we saw our first one. We just all thought it was wierd that somebody was so bent out of shape about this little burger joint in Marshall. This was not a McDonald's franchise, but somehow the building was designed exactly like the early McDonalds buildings. I took this photo many years later showing the remains of the arches. You can see where one of them was cut off just above the red door in the side of the building and another one on the roof toward the front of the building.
thumbnail_20200109_172319.jpg

Here is the photo from McDonalds website of their early restaurant design. Easy to see now why they objected to the little guy in Marshall when he chose to build his place.
about_history_7.jpg

Five Guys burger joint, I wont touch the big fast food chains and these are really great burgers. I get mine with the works. This is a single large order of fries, I split them with the wife and had some for hash browns the next morning.

View attachment 1715450421
If you like 5 Guys and you are ever in Austin, go to Mighty Fine Burgers. All fresh ingredients. The lemonade is fresh squeezed and outstanding, and they make fantastic milkshakes. When we are looking for a burger in Austin, it is the place to go.
https://mightyfineburgers.com

-
Back