Random pictures thread

-
52427b6f99e882dfd6e4621144b4124d.jpg

If it was the 140 horse and 4 speed model it wouldn't be brand new around me for long. Corvairs were a kick in the pants :D.
A friend of mine had a 67 with 4 speed. It was like driving a go-cart on the street. Lots of fun.

I looked for 30 years for this Casio with a count down timer from the movie "Blue Thunder".

About 10 years ago, I was going to watch my neighbor's house while they were away and feed their dogs.
When he gave me the key, the key fob was "the watch".
I yelled "holy schitt, that's the Blue Thunder watch!!"
He didn't even know or care, but he gave it to me.

I had a Casio watch I bought mid 1980s. It had daily alarm that I used to wake me up every morning, stopwatch, countdown timer. It said the battery would last 5 years from time of factory install. The battery last about 7 1/2 years. I had the battery replaced and then I lost the watch. Bummer.

A friend of mine had a 67 with 4 speed. It was like driving a go-cart on the street. Lots of fun.
A friend from high school received the Spyder turbo version just before our graduation from his parents. Three days after graduation unfortunately he lost control at a very high rate of speed on a country road and it ended badly.

I put them right up there with the 5 speed V6 Fiero. Rode in a brand new 86 and it was a blast.

-
Back