Random pictures thread

-
1966plysathp2pt6 003.jpg

I know a college sophomore who told me that he can’t write in cursive. I guess that isn’t being taught anymore. So now us old guys can write normally and it will be in code to them.
Yote

66 satellite?
Yep, NOS. Probably rarer than the ~50 cars that were built with that badging! Good on you for knowing, most think the HP2 was a Myth ! Sitting right here in my garage, 9941 original miles... but not gonna stay that low for long!!

Last edited:
What does HP2 on the emblems designate .. I have a HP2 six pack 440 and when I looked up the HP2 meaning it was described as the 2 meaning being made by the 2nd shift
Hemi Powered Plymouth... HP Squared. Plymouth marketing flop.. as they changed to HEMI badging on Jan 1st '66. Guess they got tired of explaining what it meant.. lol

Hemi Powered Plymouth... HP Squared. Plymouth marketing flop.. as they changed to HEMI badging on Jan 1st '66. Guess they got tired of explaining what it meant.. lol
Being a math nerd, I have always loved that emblem and what it means and why . LOL.

pure chrysler genius

I've never been able to write in cursive.

Born in 1968.

Had it rammed down my throat.

Still can't.

I know a college sophomore who told me that he can’t write in cursive. I guess that isn’t being taught anymore. So now us old guys can write normally and it will be in code to them.
Yote
None of my kids (18 yr old and twin 20 yr olds) can write cursive and have trouble reading it. They stopped teaching it in public schools for about six years and then decided it was a mistake.

Yote
I learned cursive in the early 50's. In USAF in 1965 I was sent to Russian language training and after learning Russian cursive my English cursive was unreadable. Latin (English) alphabet is different from cyrillic (Russian) alphabet. I write by sounds as much as by correct spelling and I mixed cyrillic with our English. Now I use my barely readable printing so I could use Russian cursive and English printing to keep trhem separate. Don't know whether others in my classes did this. So that means I really don't write cursive, but still read it just fine.
Jerry

Yote

i teach a sundayschool class, 4th through 6th grade
my boy was in there last year and whenever he got to write on the board, he would write in cursive
about 2 of the other kids in the class could read it

My grandson's 13th birthday was Saturday. He got a couple birthday cards from Great Aunts and Great Uncles with notes written in cursive.

He couldn't read them...

-
Back