Random pictures thread

-
1966plysathp2ptn 081.jpg

We used to eat lunch in the shade of the XB-70 (or those awesome fries from the shack by the gate) nearly every time we went there.

I lived five blocks from the fence, but it was another 2 miles of walking to go around to the gate.
Me and some friends would typically walk over there 2-3 maybe even 4 times every summer.
Might even get a parent to drive us there in colder seasons, too.
Easy to spend the whole day there and lose track of time.
...and that was when they only had one building and a small annex at the other end of the flightline.

Here's a pic and story I put up recently on FBBO-
b-29-bockscar-jpg.1413982

B-29-bockscar.jpg

I've been inside this one. It dropped the second A bomb on Nagasaki.
It used to be a "walk through" exhibit at the USAF museum before they reassembled it.
Some friends and I were pretty hard core military buffs back in our early teenage years and we researched where the bomb sight and "the button" was.
Had to do a little climbing and slithering, but I wonder just how many people can say "I had my finger on the button that dropped an atomic bomb"?

I know :rolleyes: It's a Corvair. It's not about it being a for sale ad. You'll get a kick out of the photos :lol:

Photo taken in 2005, prior to restoring it (which included new rear leaf springs to eliminate the sag)
30CA8A65-6366-4541-A36B-9078106A0BE4.jpeg

-
Back