Random pictures thread

-

bighammer

Reaction score
I recently went to see the site of the shipwreck Peter Iredale, ran ashore in 1906. She was a 284' sail ship from Liverpool England, headed for Portland Oregon. Before she could be towed back to sea, she tipped over a little bit, preventing the rescue. Crazy thing, this was the first time I've actually been there to see it, and it's practically in my back yard!

Show us what you've got! Share your pictures below!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,565
You did say "random".

Attachments

• BUTTCRACK.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,474
Oh, my, Rob. Did you capture that shot? You musta spent quite a while waiting for the right moment! Lol

I kinda think those random moments happen quite often from what I am seeing. :D

This is an old gold mine barn on a creek way back in the mountains where we sometimes ride our dirt bikes.
Still has those old hand crank oil depenser tanks, and a bunch of PVC piping for sluicing in it.

View attachment barn.jpg

1445308812_zpsclrd3baa.jpg

Clarkfield MN 10-13-15

My grandson and I at this dinosaur park in front of the Virginia Beach airport. Some guy builds them and donates them. He even has a pterodactyl sitting in a tree. You can imagine how much a 6 year old likes it.

Attachments

• Dinosaurs.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 935
This was our family "top gun turret" as mounted by my father on the old well, for the "new crop" of grandkids to play in. After WWII, stuff was sold cheap surplus, and the sellers often lied, about "hydraulic pumps," "motors" and all kinds of equipment you could allegedly use. This thing has 28VDC motors, hardly very useful for most "farm" applications. It was in my Grampa's barn for decades, and my cousins and I shot down countless enemy aircraft, LMAO

This was made by "Crocker Wheeler," and was used for gun training only--- not combat. It was either used mounted on the back of a truck for training, or in a AT-11 "twin Beech) A/C

One year a couple of warbirds came into town, and I mentioned that "my family owns a top turret" They thought I was nuts, but I insisted, and they ended up going over and talking to Dad. He sold it to them for all of 500. I think he gave it to them.

a3i4nt.jpg

Some info

http://www.twinbeech.com/beginning.htm

Remember when you couldn't care less about a '70 Barracuda??????????????

Attachments

• LoboOnCuda.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,013
A picture from one year ago in Colorado and a picture of a buck my buddy hit a few years back. Now that I posted my picture on here I'll have to empty out my inbox of all the fan mail from the ladies :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 928
This is a shot from a trail cam strapped to a tree near a bear bait a few years ago.

Everyone thinks it is a National Geographic pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 788
-
Back