Random pictures thread

-
Couldn't tell wh
20220802_172812.jpg
20220802_172813.jpg
o it was but the truck was burnt to the ground in Wyoming

Mine in 2014, going up Sherman hill east of Laramie WY. Truck had just over 10K miles on it when the charge side of turbo broke and a piece hit an oil line. Heard a pop saw flames and got to the side. Just enough time to grab my coat, bag and phone before the cab was fully engulfed.

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG

photo5.JPG

Mine in 2014, going up Sherman hill east of Laramie WY. Truck had just over 10K miles on it when the charge side of turbo broke and a piece hit an oil line. Heard a pop saw flames and got to the side. Just enough time to grab my coat, bag and phone before the cab was fully engulfed.

View attachment 1715965660

View attachment 1715965661

View attachment 1715965662

View attachment 1715965663

View attachment 1715965664
My stepfather drove a gasoline/kerosene delivery truck in the early 50’s. Unfortunately, some MENSA candidate had ordered the truck with a kerosene cab heater…

One icy night, he lost control and rolled the truck. Although the cab was mangled, he was only bruised and partially trapped inside with the only exit being a small, mangled cab window. About the time he felt relieved, his kerosene heater ignited kerosene from the tank on the truck - the gas had not ruptured, yet.

Fear can be a real motivator. He shoved one arm and shoulder, then his head through the mangled window as the kerosene started burning the cab. As his denim shirt and jeans started to burn, he forced the rest of his body out, threw off his smoldering & burning clothes, then rolled in the icy grass to kill any flames on his body. He said the icey ground felt good. He watched the gas tank rupture from a distance till a local rancher drove up to see what was going on.

Poppa got lots of 1st & 2nd, and a limited amount of 3rd degree burns, He also lost part of his hairline. Spent a week in the hospital and quite a bit of time bandaged and healing at home. Some of the skin on his torso where his denim shirt caught fire would not tan.

View attachment 1715965660

View attachment 1715965661

View attachment 1715965662

View attachment 1715965663

View attachment 1715965664
I always tell my boss that if the truck ever catches fire, I'm grabbing my stuff and bailing out. I might grab the fire extinguisher on the way out and blow it off, just to say I tried, lol.

Don’t see this everyday. Kim

8A19F11A-D424-440A-94E3-A7FE24DCAED7.jpeg
. I got some info on this. This guy does crop spraying. He has a landing pad on the semi trailer. He was filling up with chemical. He has wings that spread out for spraying. Kim

Last edited:
-
Back