Random pictures thread

-
People trying to recapture the "Glory" of '68 & '69, good to see.

Oh! What glorious years they were. Engineers excited to go to work in the morning after a good steak and eggs breakfast, to design the latest and greatest performance Cars and Components. Then to draw a paycheck for it was an added bonus. (no computers at hand)

20230126_170639.jpg

Such great styling, to be copied is the greatest compliment.

Screenshot_20230126-171731_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230126-170945_Gallery.jpg

As cool as this is ^^^ , no comparison to the Design of '69.

☆☆☆☆☆

People trying to recapture the "Glory" of '68 & '69, good to see.

Oh! What glorious years they were. Engineers excited to go to work in the morning after a good steak and eggs breakfast, to design the latest and greatest performance Cars and Components. Then to draw a paycheck for it was an added bonus. (no computers at hand)

View attachment 1716039965

Such great styling, to be copied is the greatest compliment.

View attachment 1716039968

View attachment 1716039966

As cool as this is ^^^ , no comparison to the Design of '69.

☆☆☆☆☆
Can't agree with the abortion looking cool. I just find it hideous. The 69 Daytona Charger was a very well executed design, based on an already very well proportioned car in the 2nd generation Charger, as was the 70 Superbird, these things are just a poor imitation IMHO.
Just my .02.

Fussy, Fussy stuff, lots of skill required.
I hate the anodized stuff as you can't really finish the job like stainless where you knock it proud, grind, file, sand and polish to perfection. Just a bit of correction without busting the coating so the dings don't stand out like a sore thumb when walking past the car. This was before..
1966plysathp2ptk 071.jpg

1966plysathp2ptk 001.jpg

Looks like a fun toy ! Not sure what this is really for or why it's here.

View attachment 1716042525

I couldn't figure out what would be fun about a pair of knee pads and a mirror, but to each their own.

ETA: Sue Aikens (Life Below Zero) has a little buggy kind of like that. AFAICT hers is a Sherp, made in Ukraine.

1675262757127.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back