Random pictures thread

-
Audi-90-Quattro-IMSA-GTO-43780.jpg

That IS a hard color to get right.

My 70 Bee was that color and I got lucky back then.

Used to see over half of them either not dark enough or not "creamy" enough.

35 year old paint job and doing his damnedest for a match. 40 years of old school mixing and thought he'd make it easy on himself and have the PPG guy come in with his computer/camera... base is way too far off to get it corrected. Next guy in tomorrow from another paint line...
superbirdbentdoorpt8 003.jpg

35 year old paint job and doing his damnedest for a match. 40 years of old school mixing and thought he'd make it easy on himself and have the PPG guy come in with his computer/camera... base is way too far off to get it corrected. Next guy in tomorrow from another paint line...
View attachment 1716042633
Number two looks close from where I am.
Good luck tomorrow

View attachment 1716042633
#3 looks the closest to me.

I'm going to have the same issues with my Challenger. It looks to be 3 different shades of Yellow from front to back and I have some damage right front that needs attention this spring.

20221020_154737.jpg

Nice picture. Back in the 60's I was a crew member on an RC135 aircraft out of Eielsen AFB, near Fairbanks, Alaska. Our missions averaged 15 hours, wheels up to wheels down. The plane was so heavy with electronic equipment that we had to take off with very little fuel to safely get in the air. Then we met a KC135 for some gas so we had enough fuel for the long missions. I was bulletproof back then. Russian fighters often intercepted us but their ground control never told the fighter pilot to shoot us down.

Don't know how anyone would choose to live up there. Wintertime sucks. Long-*** days. June & July was best and it was always daylight and well-lit sky for a couple hours at night.

-
Back