Rare Carburetor

-

workingonaslant

Reaction score
Hello members, I have a Carter BBD carb #4993SA 1966-71 225 CID. It has a hot air integral choke. This carb is like the export power pack Carter BBD Slant Six Dan sold which can still be seen online. The question is what brand and part # is the electric choke conversion kit for this carburetor. Slant Six Dan said that they are readily available. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated as to where I can purchase one. I know they exist. Many chokes would fit the common dimensions it has but are not listed for this application anywhere I looked.

Take a look at this: Electric Choke Conversion Kit
This is the only slant six electric choke conversion this vendor lists for the years you indicated. You can download the instructions to see if it looks like your application, or contact them to see what they say.
Good luck!

It won't be found by looking by vehicle application at S'cuder's link (or anyone else's); that carb you have is an export item, unknown on the North American continent. Try a CU1114; oughtta fit and work correctly.

Take a look at this: Electric Choke Conversion Kit
This is the only slant six electric choke conversion this vendor lists for the years you indicated. You can download the instructions to see if it looks like your application, or contact them to see what they say.
Good luck!
I checked their website out and talked to them about two weeks ago also checked out about a hundred others. Thanks for the fast response though.

It won't be found by looking by vehicle application at S'cuder's link (or anyone else's); that carb you have is an export item, unknown on the North American continent. Try a CU1114; oughtta fit and work correctly.
Hi, Sorry for the late response. When I talked to Mike's about two weeks ago the CU1114 kit was the one I was thinking about purchasing. They don't make recommendations on carbs not listed though. I just needed an experienced judgment. I am also unsure which carburetor mounting gasket would be correct. I am using the super six intake manifold. Thanks for the fast response!

Hello members, I have a Carter BBD carb #4993SA 1966-71 225 CID. It has a hot air integral choke. This carb is like the export power pack Carter BBD Slant Six Dan sold which can still be seen online. The question is what brand and part # is the electric choke conversion kit for this carburetor. Slant Six Dan said that they are readily available. Any information from anyone would be greatly appreciated as to where I can purchase one. I know they exist. Many chokes would fit the common dimensions it has but are not listed for this application anywhere I looked.

Since your new here how about some project pictures.

Cheers

-
Back