rarest small block intake manifold EVER???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the ebay auction.

Very rare Edelbrock STR12 340 crossram manifold. I bought this from a guy that raced a 340 Dart. The original top cracked from a backfire but there was absolutely no damage to the bottom half. He had a new top custom made that is much stronger than the original and had no more problems. The ports are unmodified and will fit a stock 340 or 360. Linkage included. Also includes nice original cracked top, that can be repaired. On the shelf for a while, very dusty. No Reserve. as is. See my other auctions.

Attachments

• $T2eC16hHJIYE9qUcQYEtBQMYlmMHQg~~60_1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,902
ya, I'm thinking he saw the cross-ram on Ebay that is up to about 2200.00 last I looked, and it has a home made top on it. ( that insane) LOL!

well dang...I can't bid on it...he won't ship it to Hawaii. Oh well, I'll move on to something else...

I've seen a few of them before, but $2400? No joke I can get MPFI for less and with the ethanol content in fuel (and the government pushing for 15% content), that'd be the smarter move. Nothing I own is stock or "Restored," so it doesn't matter.

I've only seen 1 STR-12 in the "real" world before on a 28 Plymouth hot rod. I can't imagine it would work well on the street. (see Hemi cross-ram).

:wack:
I recall seeing a Man-A-Fre manifold in one of the magazines. It used 4 4-barrel carburetors. I've never seen one of those other than between the pages.

they certinly do have a cool factor, as in my friends ( moparclowns barracuda) car pictured above, but to be honest, most cars will run quicker with a 4 barrel.

I've only seen 1 STR-12 in the "real" world before on a 28 Plymouth hot rod. I can't imagine it would work well on the street. (see Hemi cross-ram).

:wack:
I recall seeing a Man-A-Fre manifold in one of the magazines. It used 4 4-barrel carburetors. I've never seen one of those other than between the pages.
I'll take that challenge:cheers: soon as i figure out how to post vid here or at least a link to it ill do some of the car in action. It starts runs and drives as well as it did when powered by a six pack or a single 4 its all in the tune. Does it make the same power as a single 4? No not even close but it's on a street motor my wife drives to shows, were it on the pro stock motor its intended for well i suspect that might change things a bit:-k

Been there...twice! Wouldn't do it again...and that is not the rarest intake. Find a 4X2 Weber setup for a 273.....front and back are mounted valve cover to valve cover and the centers are mounted front to back. I dont know HTF they did a linkage....
CAR2.jpg

rarest small block intake manifold EVER???

I'd think this 69 Indy small block 318 intake would be much rarer. BUT I wonder (bet) the intake is shared with the small block Ford Weslake heads. The head is just adapted to the Mopar block.

6507456-4383674-P-69Engine-1.jpg

6507456-4016524-2.jpg

6507456-4019434-rodshop2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back