Rattle can petty blue

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a rattle can thats close to petty blue. Im not sure what the petty blue paint code is. Looking for something close that yall have used. Thanks.

Hey if you get the paint coad you can get it mixed in a rattle can at your local parts store.They do it here in Canada.

Definitely not B3, maybe B5 (?). My Barracuda is B3 and its way to light in color.

Definitely not B3, maybe B5 (?). My Barracuda is B3 and its way to light in color.

Nah I dont think B5 is right either...

That Chrysler Corp blue color is close to the right color isnt it?

What do you need the paint for anyway?

Im pretty sure its not B5 either as thats darker than the B3. It dosnet have to be a mopar color(pretend you didnt read that) Just something thats close to a baby blueish color. I was thinking of ford blue but wanted to see if anyone has used or seen something close to the petty blue.

Im pretty sure its not B5 either as thats darker than the B3. It dosnet have to be a mopar color(pretend you didnt read that) Just something thats close to a baby blueish color. I was thinking of ford blue but wanted to see if anyone has used or seen something close to the petty blue.

All I've found about it is some 999 paint code on the tags because it was a special order color or some crap like that....

What car and what year please? I can help if you can supply this info. Glad to help.

This is a total rebuild. 72 scamp. But I love the color of petty blues duster on here. thought i would go with that. But i want the rattle can so can get my carbs done. However I could justify to my wife that I need to buy a paint gun and new air compressor because i cant find what i want in a rattle can. Think that would work?

Chrysler Corp. Blue from a rattle can... engine paint... I guess it's not as close as I thought but...

DSCF0896.jpg

Here ya go Friend: Petty Blue is a Plymouth name. The same color on a Dodge car is called Corporate Blue. The code being " C37D". That's for 1970-1974 Paint Codes. FINAL ANSWER !! For someone to be driving a Dodge and call his paint color "Petty Blue" is wrong. His car would be called "Corporate Blue". Same color, wrong terminology. Probably wouldn't win a concours show calling your Dodge color "Petty Blue". You can have it mixed at your local paint and body store and put in an aresol can. I had 4 cans of Tahitian Gold mixed friday and it came to $60.01. Let us know how much where you live.

Here ya go Friend: Petty Blue is a Plymouth name. The same color on a Dodge car is called Corporate Blue. The code being " C37D". That's for 1970-1974 Paint Codes. FINAL ANSWER !! For someone to be driving a Dodge and call his paint color "Petty Blue" is wrong. His car would be called "Corporate Blue". You can have it mixed at your local paint and body store and put in an aresol can. I had 4 cans of Tahitian Gold mixed friday and it came to $60.01. Let us know how much where you live.

Ok My 73 Dart Sport Super Blue.Street Basin Blue and ofcourse PettyBlue found a post from the guy thats got this car. Its pettybludart. Is the color im looking for. Thanks for the info. I dont have any place that mixes rattle cans around me.

C37D it is. Thanks all who helped me. Now my next question. Where can I buy it. I live in small town not much around me here. I need maybe 2-3 cans enought to do my carbs and tunnel ram.

Grab the yellow pages and look for a paint supply store for auto body works or you might call a body shop and i'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. It looks like you live in Ft Dodge and just so you know i googled your zip and the info i saw they say there are 48 registered sex offenders in Ft Dodge so be careful out there. LMAO!!

Petty Blue is the same as Basin Street Blue or B3 for 1973. Its also a close match to the blue used on small blocks.

Grab the yellow pages and look for a paint supply store for auto body works or you might call a body shop and i'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. It looks like you live in Ft Dodge and just so you know i googled your zip and the info i saw they say there are 48 registered sex offenders in Ft Dodge so be careful out there. LMAO!!

Gee I didnt relize there were that many. I dont actually live in fort dodge I live in a little town outside it but have a ft dodge address. I do know of one place that may have it. Arnolds motor supply. Gonna check there after work in the morning. I think I figured out why there a diffence in the B3 colors.

http://www.cowtownmopars.com/color.html check out the B3 of 1969 and then the B3 in 1972 and 73. Totally different colors.

Gee I didnt relize there were that many. I dont actually live in fort dodge I live in a little town outside it but have a ft dodge address. I do know of one place that may have it. Arnolds motor supply. Gonna check there after work in the morning. I think I figured out why there a diffence in the B3 colors.

http://www.cowtownmopars.com/color.html check out the B3 of 1969 and then the B3 in 1972 and 73. Totally different colors.

Oh wow, you're right! The only B3 that I knew was the other color... that 1973 color is new to me... cool, I learned something today...

Now look at the color of a 71 and later small block.

This is duli-coror

IM001001.jpg

eaglesguy... I think thats the same Chrysler Corporation blue engine paint that I mentioned earlier. If it is, then yes... its a duplicolor rattle can paint, high-heat stuff.

-
Back