Ratty Seats

-

PistolGrip

Reaction score
I'm beginning to restore a '66 Barracuda that I bought in pieces. It has (what's left of it) a black interior. The bucket seats that I have are the correct '66 seats, but they're green. Has anyone had any luck painting the shells on the back to match up with the rest of the soon-to-be-black interior? If so, what kind of paint did you use? I'll also be needing seat foams & the black bucket seat material in the unique '66 design. Is Legendary the only source? They're kinda expensive. I can live with used if in decent shape. And how about carpet?

If so, what kind of paint did you use?

I used this on my interior. Be sure to get the 'adhesion promoter' as well.

Clean, clean and clean again, follow directions to the letter. It works and covers well.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...bric-paint/hvp106/4268137?q=vinyl+paint&pos=2

upload_2019-1-19_10-15-36.jpeg

Here's my rear seat done with this. It was blue.

upload_2019-1-19_10-21-49.jpeg

I used the duplicor stuff on a a boat interior. It held up great with a lot of abuse for 20 years. Got to get it really clean. There are other threads about it on here that have a lot of good info.

Pretty much everybody sells the same ACC carpet. Just shop for the best price. I bought mine at rock auto.

Thanks! I'm just now starting to tackle the seats. I'll be using the Duplicolor on the 'hard' pieces to take the green to black and I'll be replacing all of
Front seats+steering wheel.jpg
the vinyl & foam - that's all shot from baking in the Texas sun!

-
Back