Re-color Arm Rest Pads

-

Iceworkz

Reaction score
I've bought some reproduction arm rest pads that come in a generic white for a project but the color looks off when along side my pearl white door trims.

I'm hoping someone can provide some tips on re-coloring them. I've purchased some OER Adhesion promoter and Pearl white interior point for the job.

DSC_0059.JPG

Clean them well and wipe dry with lint free. Make sure you use the promoter liberaly a few Coats are fine. Let it set for 30 or so then light coats of the dye. Build it in light coats and I mean light," don't rush it". Keep with the lite Coats until you reach the shade you want.

Last edited:
I've bought some reproduction arm rest pads that come in a generic white for a project but the color looks off when along side my pearl white door trims.

I'm hoping someone can provide some tips on re-coloring them. I've purchased some OER Adhesion promoter and Pearl white interior point for the job.

View attachment 1714979453

Slantsixdan pointed me to a slantsox.org article on recoloring arm rest pads and such
Slant Six Forum, :: View topic - New armrests for old A-bodies!

Pretty much just like spray painting anything.
Start with a good clean surface, some adhesion promoter and then very light coats of color.
When using a spray can I use a new nozzle ( I've bought $1 a can Walmart paint just for the tips).
I also warm the can in really hot tap water, this raises pressure and thins the paint so use really light coats because it'll run very easily.

-
Back