Re-manufactured wiper motor

-
id go with napa theres probably some sort of small gurantee. you could swap it out if it fails. if a date code doesnt concern you.

i see them for around 275 on ebay so you could have several failures before you hit 275

id go with napa theres probably some sort of small gurantee. you could swap it out if it fails. if a date code doesnt concern you.
i see them for around 275 on ebay so you could have several failures before you hit 275
Hello All,
Recently picked up a Power Steering Gear for a customer of mine.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PNB391035
Installed and works perfect.
Its a reconditioned Cardone product.
The only draw back was its painted black and Not correct date code. If you can live with little things like that I totally agree with el5dart "Cant go wrong with NAPA".
Hope this helps
Happy Mopar:)
Arron

Thanks for the replies. As you can see in my avatar I am completely starting with a shell and everything costs money. The cost to have my wiper motor rebuilt is just to expensive. The Napa /Cardone motor is a b-body motor, and re-clocking it to work is no big deal. My car is definitely not being "restored". Hopefully anyone in need of a a-body 3-speed wiper motor can take advantage of this deal.

In my experience, Cardone "remans" are junk. However, they are one of the biggest reman companies out there, and they are often the only game in town for our older cars. If you can, buy used and rebuild yourself... Or buy a known good used part, clean it up and bolt it in. I would only use a Cardone part as a last resort.

Thanks for the replies. As you can see in my avatar I am completely starting with a shell and everything costs money. The cost to have my wiper motor rebuilt is just to expensive. The Napa /Cardone motor is a b-body motor, and re-clocking it to work is no big deal. My car is definitely not being "restored". Hopefully anyone in need of a a-body 3-speed wiper motor can take advantage of this deal.
Have you placed "Wanted" ads on FABO for things you need? I am sure a lot of the things you'd need would be available for a reasonable price in good, used, working order.

I have considered placing wanted ads on FABO for some parts I am missing or are beyond repair. The wiper motor I have came with the car and is crusty looking, but may be fine. I am have concerns with older electronics due to fire. I had a '74 Thing that I lost to an engine fire that appears to have been caused by a Pertronix ignition module. I had it listed for sale for 14k, luckily Allstate paid 12.5k. Fire extinguishers always great accessory.

-
Back