Read something in Mopar Muscle Magazine that made NO sense

-
The experienced guy (tech)was Steve Deluich. Mopar Muscle used to be great. Not any more

I liked Ehrenburgs (sp?) stuff: came off pretty sharp and had a great style. For kicks, read the vernacular of the 273 build ups from the 60's rags..."Boss man, that is the LeGuere setup! It's gonna be gassy!" Is Steve D the same guy on Engine Masters? I like that show...they dont seem to be afraid to debunk bolt ons even though Mr Gasket is a sponsor. Now I doubt they well ever do an Amsoil showdown.......

I like magazines. Yeah, these car forums are great too but the tactile feel of a magazine means a lot to me.
Errors like this are a pathetic embarrassment. What in the fuckity **** is wrong with these dickless idiots? How can crap like this make it to print?
Years back their grammar was shitty too. "Joe admits that when he bought the car, it needed restored"...
No sir...It needed restoration.
"The car is shod with BF Goodrich..."
No sir, shod means "to shoe". The car is fitted/equipped/wearing/sitting on.....BF Goodrich tires.
I expect a higher standard of print media.
Guys on these forums make grammatical errors sometimes but this is a bit more casual of a setting.
Still.....For sell, need to sale, needs restored, using TO instead of TOO....These mistakes do reflect poorly on the writer if they are a habit instead of a rare thing.

001LikeThankAgree.jpg
Jellyfish.jpg

yep Steve Dulcich. seems like a good guy a real mopar kind of guy he is now doing stuff on MT on demand. he is pretty funny!

I renewed my Mopar Muscle subscription just before Bolig left. Now, I can barely force myself to spend the 5 minutes it takes to scan through all the crap that I couldn't care less about. What a waste of money. Never again.

I don't even look at those rags when they are on the store shelves, and cost nothing. The covers are about a step away from Enquirer material.

I like magazines. Yeah, these car forums are great too but the tactile feel of a magazine means a lot to me.
Errors like this are a pathetic embarrassment. What in the fuckity **** is wrong with these dickless idiots? How can crap like this make it to print?
Years back their grammar was shitty too. "Joe admits that when he bought the car, it needed restored"...
No sir, shod means "to shoe". The car is fitted/equipped/wearing/sitting on.....BF Goodrich tires.
Guys on these forums make grammatical errors sometimes but this is a bit more casual of a setting.
Still.....For sell, need to sale, needs restored, using TO instead of TOO....These mistakes do reflect poorly on the writer if they are a habit instead of a rare thing.

I like magazines, too. You can take a magazine anywhere. Easily flip through the pages, make notes in the margin. You're right, just feels better. Computer is at my desk. Stays at my desk. click, click, clickety, click. The quality of magazine writers these days is dismal.

I'll say this for Mopar Mushle;
If you subscribe for a year, you've got their entire catalog of tech articles.

I'll say this for Mopar Mushle;
If you subscribe for a year, you've got their entire catalog of tech articles.
Sorry, gotta COMPLETELY disagree. I have been a subscriber for over 25 years and they have published hundreds of useful articles; on any topic you can imagine. Body work, metal work, rust repair, engine rebuilding, electric systems, transmissions, differentials, AC repair, suspension, brakes, performance mods...... You may not like the magazine, but that is a completely unfair comment.

OK, I started this thread and I tried to contact Mopar Muscle Magazine a bunch of times this week. I went to WWW.moparmuscle.com, Mopar Muscle, Contact. Before sending your comment, you have to click on the, "I am not a robot" box. EVERY time I tried to send, I got a message that said my verification had expired and I needed to click on the, "I am not a robot" box again. The message never did send. So I guess they really aren't interested in our feedback. Here is what I tried to send:

On page 27 of the August 2018 issue, you say, "The difference in engine displacement for the 318-, 340-, and 360 cid engines isn't in the bore and stroke, but in the piston height." I'm not quite sure what you meant to say, but I will absolutely guarantee you that this statement is 100% wrong. I don't care how high the pin is in the piston or how high the piston is in the cylinder, cid is absolutely a function of bore and stroke. The formula for the volume of a cylinder is pi (3.1416) x radius squared x height. So for an engine cylinder with a bore of 4.04” (radius of 2.02”) and a height (stroke) of 3.31”, the cid would be 42.43 cubic inches. Multiply that times 8 for 8 cylinders and you have a 339.45 cubic inch engine (let’s call it 340). Change the stroke to 4.00” with a stroker crank and you have 410.21 cid. Bore it 0.040 over plus add the 4” crank, and you have 418.7 cid. Piston height really doesn’t matter. Ask any competent engine builder and he will agree with me. I’d love to see you retract that. Several hundred of us on the For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum noticed it. This may not be the only Email you get.

Thanks for your attention

Mike Harrison

No matter how many times this article comes up, it's still wrong.

A clutch-flite; a long time ago,I wanted one really bad. Lemmee think;oh yeah, that was in the 70s, I think.I was a kid and thought it would be great on the street. Now I just want a 5 or a 6-speed.

Same here, sounded like the greatest thing since sliced bread , at the time !

Thankyou Mr. Professor:lol::rofl:

-
Back