REALLY loud horn...

-
Better check local laws for noise ordinances or he will get a ticket. I did that in florida and was ordered to remove it LOL!! Dang laws and rules!!

Have a 3 trumpet set in my truck. Have not a compressor in a long while, they don't last all that long. Was more than loud enough. Never had a problem with the law. Used to really enjoy driving by the golf course with it....and watching the pan handlers get airborne....

LMAO! Yeah when I was in florida I would drive by the bridges on way to go racing and blow it at the fisherman hanging over edge of bridges fishing! Got the finger more then a few times!! After removing thatair horn I installed the awoooooga!! horn! That was fun I also has a siren if I wanted people out of the way lol!!

A real air horn is 10-15 times as much. They dont last long at all. The horn youre thinking about is a k3la or k5la. They are real horns! On youtube you can find the pickup set pranking and scaring people on the street. Real locomotive horns are LOUD! Cost a couple grand, too.

A real air horn is 10-15 times as much. They dont last long at all. The horn youre thinking about is a k3la or k5la. They are real horns! On youtube you can find the pickup set pranking and scaring people on the street. Real locomotive horns are LOUD! Cost a couple grand, too.

Neighbor in AZ had a set off of a train. One of his buddies worked at a shop that restored old locomotives. A 3 second blast drained a 35 gallon air tank from 110 psi to 0. Was behind it when he fired it off....concrete driveway vibrated. He showed me the stack of tickets he had from driving around with it in his truck. Was far to large to be mounted anyplace but in the bed of a truck....

The OEM horn on my Jeep was a total joke. I installed a WOLO model 619 "Big Bad Max". Plenty loud. Probably the most honk for your buck.

We can fart louder than what he has... I checked local legislation and I cannot find anything regarding loudness of horns. This will be a Christmas present. You mentioned short life. Actually, i think this will keep him out of trouble...we have a large senior citizens here.. Could you all recommend a horn that would be loud and long life without me having to sell a body part ? Thanks

Neighbor in AZ had a set off of a train. One of his buddies worked at a shop that restored old locomotives. A 3 second blast drained a 35 gallon air tank from 110 psi to 0. Was behind it when he fired it off....concrete driveway vibrated. He showed me the stack of tickets he had from driving around with it in his truck. Was far to large to be mounted anyplace but in the bed of a truck....

Back in Newark NJ ( this was around 1979 or 1980) I knew a guy who did the same thing.

He got arrested for having it, the truck was impounded, and he ended up paying more than $1100.00 in fines, plus $375.00 to get his truck back from the impound yard, and a 6 month suspension of his license, and a 5 years suspension of his registration privileges in the state.
He owned 2 cars, and had to re-register them under his brother's name, and change change his insurance policy.

He figured all together it cost him nearly $2500.00, his license for 6 months, and his right to own a car in the state of NJ for 5 years. Sounds like a pretty high priced prank, to me.

I had a compressor/air horn setup in the 80s - big problem was lag - push horn button - get sound a second or two later - suboptimal when you really need the horn - went back to stock

To me, the best sounding horn is on mid '80s Cadillacs. The horns are a D and an F as far as what note they play. I have them on my '90 GMC S15 and a friend's '95 Mustang. Both had just about nothing for a horn and these are loud, legal, sound almost like a train horn, and they're CHEAP from any u-pull-it. I'm going to be putting a set on my Scamp when I can get out to the junkyard again. I even have a set on a 1/8 scale, ride-on train and they're perfect for it.

Could you all recommend a horn that would be loud and long life without me having to sell a body part ? Thanks

Yup. Anything from a '50's car.

Installed a set of horns from a '56 Desoto on my old Ramcharger. Loud, with a long clear note. No mistaking it and wasn't ear blasting.

Best of all, it was almost plug and play. Just needed to change the connectors.

-
Back