rear axle flexible brake hose questions 1972 dart

-

moparjon

Reaction score
I just replaced the front to rear brake line and the flexible hose with the right stuff parts but got them through jegs . the rear axle hard lines are both new that i bent myself . right now i am waiting on a wheel cylinder thats on its way because i broke the bleeder on the old one . now the issue i am having is the brake fluid is coming out of the passenger side of the rear flex hose brass splitter just fine , flowing with no problems . the drivers side can only get a tiny little bit of fluid , just barely coming out at all , pretty much not . one spurt of air once i think , maybe . the drivers side wheel cylinder is off , the drivers side axle brake line is also off , but got zero when it was on too . is there some kind of metering built in ? as i expected the brake fluid to pass through easily . or is it a defect ? or somehow clogged just there ? the old hose is already gone in the trash last week , so i cannot compare them . what am i missing here ? right now the drivers side only is on jack stands , passenger side on the ground , if that makes any difference . thanks for any help .

Last edited:
update : i took the flexible hose back off , peered in both holes . drivers side looks like it was not drilled through all the way . can i just drill this out ? looks like it would meet with the other shaft to the passenger side . anybody know if this is how it should be ?

No it should not be like that. Hit it with some compressed air and blow that crud outta there; it may have been in the new line which is why I always blow them out,lol.
But to answer your question, with another question;
on the side with blockage, was there fluid in the old line? and wheel cylinder? If yes, then that points to the crud coming in the new line.
But if no, then yes; if it doesn't blow out, then drill it out or whatever it takes to get it out.
Be careful not to damage the tube-seat, cuz there is no fixing it, and the tiniest damage will make it leak, cuz the hydraulic pressure in there regularly runs 500 to 900psi.

Last edited:
-
Back