Rear Bow Height?

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Cant seem to find this info online. Does anyone know what the correct rear bow height for a 67-69 Dart vert would be? I'm thinking aprox 24.5", but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Martin

Where are you measuring from - to? My dart has never had the top worked on so i would assume it to be factory dimensions. I would be happy to take some measurements.

Where are you measuring from - to? My dart has never had the top worked on so i would assume it to be factory dimensions. I would be happy to take some measurements.
Hey Dana,
I'm assuming that the measurement would be from the edge of the bow closest to the decklid, to the edge of the rear trim closest to the bow. Measurement should be Inside Diameter of the two. From left to right, it should be in the center.
Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help,
Martin

I measured from the center of the back at the trim up to the center of the tack strip cover and got 25 1/4"
I also measured from front-most edge of the water drip / catch rail to the inside of the rear most bow and got about 28"
(I cant unzip the glass or I would have measured from the trim to the inside of the bow)
The top on my dart is the original top installed by the factory. (was my Dad's car he bought new in 67)

Sorry for the crude section below but I hope it helps

Top measurments.jpg
water

dart top measurment2.jpg

I measured from the center of the back at the trim up to the center of the tack strip cover and got 25 1/4"
I also measured from front-most edge of the water drip / catch rail to the inside of the rear most bow and got about 28"
(I cant unzip the glass or I would have measured from the trim to the inside of the bow)
The top on my dart is the original top installed by the factory. (was my Dad's car he bought new in 67)

Sorry for the crude section below but I hope it helps

View attachment 1715126426 water

View attachment 1715126414

This is GREAT information! I really appreciate your time and effort in helping me! I now believe that 25 1/4" -25 1/2" would be my target. Its amazing that the top pads are all that regulate the bow height on these cars, because after all the pads are somewhat flexible. I'm guessing that the taller the rear bow height, the tighter the sail panels could be.....anyone want to chime in on this thought?
Thanks again,
Martin

-
Back