Rear brake drums

-
It looks like 2 different widths of 9" shoes and a 10 1/2" shoe. You probably have the 10"" shoes. Do you have disc on front? You will have to pull a wheel and drum to make sure.

FYI, Around that time because of a strike from their brake vendor,Chrysler used C body rear drum brakes on some of the A bodies.They had 11x2'' brakes on the V8 cars. I got a 8 1/4'' rear from a '74 Valiant that had 'em.Some thing to watch out for.

FYI, Around that time because of a strike from their brake vendor,Chrysler used C body rear drum brakes on some of the A bodies.They had 11x2'' brakes on the V8 cars. I got a 8 1/4'' rear from a '74 Valiant that had 'em.Some thing to watch out for.
Proof positive that you should always check.

That's why I always say "Never say never when it comes to the things Ma Mopar did."

Any proof of that happening at the factory?

I have not heard this one before.

Are there any historical links out there with information on this strike?

There was a article in Mopar Action by Richard Ehrenberg a few years back.
I got the information from the Dodge parts manager at a Salt Lake City dealership.
When I questioned it, he said the same as what Mr.Ehrenberg's article stated.
That's all I can tell you.

not outside the realm of possibility I suppose. The 10x2.5" and all the 11" brake varieties (11x2, 11x2.5, 11x3) can all be used on BBP axles as long as the right backing plates are used.

It shouldn't have the 9" brakes, all the V8 cars got disks up front starting in '73, and all the disk cars were BBP. The 9" drums would have been SBP and should only have come on 4 wheel drum cars.

-
Back