[WANTED] Rear Bumperettes (guards) for 75 Duster.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zkx14

Duster De-ruster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for pair of rear bumper guards from 74 to 76 Duster or Dart Sport in excellent condition. A little rust inside is fine as long as the mounts and cushion hardware is OK. My car is no show car, but am getting a rechromed bumper, so need something that will look decent with it.
non-Sport Darts or Scamps will not work. (already bought a set:BangHead:)
I believe the part # is 3754066, but don't know if it appears on part as mine are extremely rusted inside.
Thanks
Keith

Last edited:
I've read your post with interest and find myself confused. I believe/believed that '74 - '76 Darts/Sports had one bumper shape/profile regardless of body type and Valiants/Dusters have another. I would be interested, perhaps others would also, to see a pic of your bumper and a pic of the incorrect set of guards you purchased. I have some of these but don't want to sell you the wrong ones a second time.

I've read your post with interest and find myself confused. I believe/believed that '74 - '76 Darts/Sports had one bumper shape/profile regardless of body type and Valiants/Dusters have another. I would be interested, perhaps others would also, to see a pic of your bumper and a pic of the incorrect set of guards you purchased. I have some of these but don't want to sell you the wrong ones a second time.
SwingerValient style on Duster bumper. Bottom one in second pic is correct for Duster and Dart Sport.

DF989E97-9891-492D-8A61-715408F63FC7.jpeg

07CA000B-71AB-4523-BA9D-917486312ECF.jpeg

Last edited:
74 parts manual differentiates the back ones as one type for fast backs. And another type for all others. The Fronts are different for Dodge and Plymouth.

I'd trust the parts book more than my own anecdotal evidence for sure. After looking at my '75 duster parts car I can say that in your first pic of bumper with mounted guard, the guard is upside down. The widest part is the top when installed. That may help clarify your dilemma but leaves me fascinated regarding parts book differences.

I'd trust the parts book more than my own anecdotal evidence for sure. After looking at my '75 duster parts car I can say that in your first pic of bumper with mounted guard, the guard is upside down. The widest part is the top when installed. That may help clarify your dilemma but leaves me fascinated regarding parts book differences.
It is positioned correctly, just wrong for the car. The studs are even in the holes. The rubber always wraps the bottom. Tops are chrome. As seen in second pic above, the top portion of the correct guard for Duster is bigger, as you described. Here is correct one on bumper.

D8A91574-6D32-44FD-97FA-1772A49BBF98.jpeg

Appreciate the education, I was definitely wrong. And I now understand what you mean by the top of the Duster/Dart Sport rear guards being wider. Even glancing at your second pic I was not able to see the difference until I stared at it for 20 minutes! One literally has to see them side by side but there is a difference in the rears when compared to coupes and sedans. Other than side by side they seem the same. Sadly, after looking at my Duster rear guards they are rusted thru on the sides nearest the license plate indentation, so I'll be of no help in your search.

Appreciate the education, I was definitely wrong. And I now understand what you mean by the top of the Duster/Dart Sport rear guards being wider. Even glancing at your second pic I was not able to see the difference until I stared at it for 20 minutes! One literally has to see them side by side but there is a difference in the rears when compared to coupes and sedans. Other than side by side they seem the same. Sadly, after looking at my Duster rear guards they are rusted thru on the sides nearest the license plate indentation, so I'll be of no help in your search.
No problem. I've been banging my head for a while to get to this point. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back