rear disc brakes on 8 3/4

-
As far as i knew Dr diff still uses the green bearings and it's two piece, but I stopped watching most brake threads

Nope. Dr. diff's brakes can be used with the stock tapered bearings or green bearings. It's posted clearly on his website and I've even confirmed by talking to him directly because I'm keeping my tapered bearings and will eventually go to rear disks. Most of the other kits out there require green bearings though. The mounts appear to be one piece as well, although I haven't installed a set and didn't think to ask when I talked to Cass about them.

now that you are here :)
what exactly discs, callipers and pads are used? Can I source them in europe when the time has come to replace them?

dodgedifferent2,

i like that your set is using the Ford Mustang discs. They are even here super cheap. Calipers i didn't found here yet.

One mayor question i have. Is one or both sets moving the rim outwards to the Fenders? I don't have room there. the only way is to Change the back space of the rims.

now that you are here :)
what exactly discs, callipers and pads are used? Can I source them in europe when the time has come to replace them?

dodgedifferent2,

i like that your set is using the Ford Mustang discs. They are even here super cheap. Calipers i didn't found here yet.

One mayor question i have. Is one or both sets moving the rim outwards to the Fenders? I don't have room there. the only way is to Change the back space of the rims.
Calipers, rotors and pads from a 94 - 2004 mustang (base model) can be sourced from any parts store. If wanted you can get the junk caliper from a junked mustang and get the core charge back.
If the parts store carries mustang brake parts in Europe then they should have them
Only issue is the rotors center register needs to be enlarged .04 of an inch to mount on the center register of the axle flange

The rims would be moved out the thickness of the rotor which is 1/4 inch. But if I remember correctly the drum is at least 1/8 inch thick. (Never measured)
So could possibly move the rim outwards an 1/8 inch
If someone has a drum readily available they could measure the thickness at the center hole to confirm

My 10.7" rear disc brake kit uses '94-'04 Mustang Cobra calipers and '88-'92 Toyota Cressida rotors (vented). The Toyota carried different name plates in other countries, however. In addition, I think the Supra also used this rotor.

My 11.7" rear disc brake kit uses '94-'04 Mustang Cobra calipers and rotors (vented).

so i just Need the Adapter from somewhere. Ford and Toyota stuff i should find easily here. ah, and the brake lines are Special i read because it is Banjo on the caliper and metric?

dodgedifferent2, your set is made for 11,7" discs? or are Ford Mustang which are NOT cobra smaller and not vented?

very good info. Thanks al lot.

the base model uses the 10.5" rotor and is vented.
the cobra uses the 11.7" rotor.

the 10.5" will fit in a stock 15 inch rim. The bigger rotor will not fit.

my adapter is for the base 10.5" rotor size.

ok, very good

and what is the Price for the brackets? And shipping to an address within USA? Hotel, I am in Maryland in may... :)

My 10.7" rear disc brake kit uses '94-'04 Mustang Cobra calipers and '88-'92 Toyota Cressida rotors (vented). The Toyota carried different name plates in other countries, however. In addition, I think the Supra also used this rotor.

My 11.7" rear disc brake kit uses '94-'04 Mustang Cobra calipers and rotors (vented).

I'm interested in upgrading my brakes, both front and rear. What's a good matching setup for the front to go along with those 11.7" rotors and calipers?

Would the front use '94-'04 Mustang parts as well? Would be nice to be able to go to the parts counter afterwards when the pads wear out and say "I need the front and rear pads for a '94 Mustang". :)

I'm interested in upgrading my brakes, both front and rear. What's a good matching setup for the front to go along with those 11.7" rotors and calipers?

Would the front use '94-'04 Mustang parts as well? Would be nice to be able to go to the parts counter afterwards when the pads wear out and say "I need the front and rear pads for a '94 Mustang". :)

In the Dr Diff 13" kit that's $850, the calipers are Mustang Cobra...not the base mustang. I can't remember if the rotors are c4 vette or for the same mustang cobra though. Just tell 'em you have an 03 Mustang Cobra.

In the Dr Diff 13" kit that's $850, the calipers are Mustang Cobra...not the base mustang. I can't remember if the rotors are c4 vette or for the same mustang cobra though. Just tell 'em you have an 03 Mustang Cobra.

The 13" Dr. Diff kit uses C4 Corvette rotors that are re-drilled with the 5x4.5" bolt pattern. And it uses Mustang Cobra calipers. They would be a great match the either of Dr. Diff's rear disk kits, although I'd be leaning to the 11.7's myself.

My 13" Brembo style front disc brakes also pair nicely with the 11.7" Cobra rear brakes.

I make a 11.75" Viper front brake kit that works with the 10.7" Cobra rears.

If your trying to keep the 15 inch rims then all the rotors bigger then the mustang 10.7 will not fit.
Just a heads up for those trying to keep the 15 inch rims.

If your trying to keep the 15 inch rims then all the rotors bigger then the mustang 10.7 will not fit.
Just a heads up for those trying to keep the 15 inch rims.

You sure? Because the 11.75" B/R body rotors and calipers work with a 15" rim in the front. It would come down to caliper clearance not rotor clearance.

guys, what master cylinder do you use? I opend a new thread for this as well. Wanna stick with Manual Brakes.

15/16" late model aluminum master cylinder from Dr. Diff. Manual brakes on both my Challenger and my Duster, the Challenger has 11.75" mopar disks from a B/R body and 11x2.5" rear drums, the Duster has Dr. Diff's 13" cobra kit up front and 11x2.5" drums out back. Both work great with the 15/16" m/c.

-
Back